Status
Not open for further replies.
More like playing God in my opinion... These Dr's now a days are something I can't say on here... Lol

Darn, I was hoping this Dr would be one you might have a decent relationship with and he'd switch it to an MRI... I have a few Dr's whom I've got goof relationships with that would do that if I asked... Not all of my Dr's, but a few..
And yes it can be done! Google it! Lol I'm a research nut so I will search and search and search for info on all of the treatments, medications, and testing that these Dr's throw at me.. A lot of drs don't like when their patient researches on their own.. You often get the 'you can't believe everything on the Internet...' speech... Which iI hate, and is now why I print a lot of what I find and have it with me when I go to the Dr's so I can back up what I found and show them I didn't just find it on some random site but rather a medical journal or study etc.. Then they don't like that either because you're not stupid and you're educating yourself.. I honestly think they like us to be clueless and in the dark about all this stuff so we just do whatever they say and don't know if they're taking unnecessary risks, behind the times, or worse if they're wrong... Lol I mean, I don't go to my Dr's trying to tell them how to do their job or anything, but if I don't like the option presentedto me, iI want to let them know and have my reasons why in print from reliable sources, not just 'well I think it's a bad idea' lol.. You definitely have to be very tactful if/when you challenge a Dr...

Sorry, I hadn't really seen this until now... wooops! :shock::shock:

I had a really good relationship with my GP, but my GP can't give me a referral for a MRI :( Sadly I need to see a neurologist or any other doctor who has a specialty. I'll try to ask my psychiatrist nicely if he can give me a referral for a MRI scan of my head... since I hit my head pretty hard back in November. You can tell I'm not getting the help I need just because they're stubborn! MRI's can let you see more things in the brain that a CT scan and they won't cause you cancer!

I know MRIs aren't good for certain areas, but for the brain they are excellent! Can you believe some doctor have even told me that CT scans use less radiation than MRIs? I was like... errrr:shock::shock::shock: MRI use no ionizing radiation?!? I swear... I don't know if I should feel scared, laugh or cry! Seriously... are doctors that ignorant over here or they are playing fool?

They feel like they know it all, don't they? I still have to find the right way to challenge a doctor, lol. But yeah, going to see a surgeon tomorrow... hopefully he will tell me the chest MRI is a good option... if he doesn't... I have no idea what I'll do. I just know I can't go on with this awful pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back