Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
NH
Hi I am newly diagnosed after 6 years of being told I'm crazy and it's all in my head also that I am to young! I just started Zoloft and so far I feel so much worse plus I am starting to go crazy from side affects I was taking 5 mg Percocet with 30mg xr timerelease adderall the combo did help but they wanted to try a better approach.....if ANYONE has any other suggestions please help I can't handle the Zoloftbuggy I really feel I am going crazy I know there are other meds out there! I usually only have 1-2 days a week I can't wake up and sleep all day and the same amount of days that I can barely walk but that is sounding better than Zoloft right now. I am trying to be optimistic and I have always in the 6 years of dealing with this been possative and at my lowest I'm just finding it hard right now and I have lost a lot of people I thought were friends because they don't believe in fibromyalgia.
So any help or words of wisdom would be great!

Hi there. I took Zoloft for depression and anxiety for a number of years and it worked well. It did take a awhile for my body to adjust, but the weird feelings did go away. I've never heard of Adderal for fibromyalgia...maybe for chronic fatigue? I take Cymbalta now for fibromyalgia pain and depression. Also take Tramadol. Between the two and a host of supplements, vitamins, diet changes and exercise, I am able to function fair well most days. I know some doc do try the SRIs for fibromyalgia, as well as an older med, amiltriptiline. Check out the forum. Many things work for folks. What works for me doesn't work for others. Unfortnunately, it seems to be trial and error a lot of the time. Good luck! Hugs.

Hi! I can't remember what the anti-depressants were that I tried first but they made me worse until I started taking Zoloft and it worked for me for about 4 years and then I went to Prozac for a couple of years and now nothing works because my body rejects most medications. A lot of people take Cymbalta and Lyrica for Fibro either separate or together. Again, I can't take those. I do it all natural except taking ibuprofen for pain and lorazepam for sleep. Otherwise it is recommended to exercise, eat healthy, diet changes, supplements, water therapy, regular sleep routine, AND listen to body and what it is telling you. It will let you know. This is not easy and it takes a lot of work on your part. Like it was said... trial and error a lot of the time because what works for one may not work for the other.

Thank you both so much! It really is one big learning process for me and sleep is something hard to come by my brain never shuts down but I'm hopeful I will get there! Thank you again for replying it means a lot to hear from people that understand. I up my Zoloft Thursday so hopefully it will be only one more week of the blah feeling and side effects my fingers are crossed!

Oh Ash, I'm so sorry you are going through all this! You may have lost some "friends" but you've gained a community. There are absolute brain differences between fibro and non fibro beings. Someday an affordable test will prove what we have known all along. Until then we have to do the best we can. The stigma of this "syndrome" is as much of a battle as the condition itself.

Zoloft is not typically used for pain associated with Fibro. It is usually prescribed for anxiety and depression. Usually a new dose takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks to see what the effect of the meds will be. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back