DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
Uk
State
Bolton
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to this website. My suffering started in 2013 with chronic leg pains, a feeling of insects running up and down my legs, numbness in my feet. It spread to my lower back and hips, in my shoulders and upper arms. I've been on gabapentin and an antidepressant now since 2016 when i was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

I find that the medication and the physio along with a tense machine are having no effect.

Day to day life is very hard. Can't lift, bend or walk very well and this is causing more stress, anxiety and extremely low mood.

My family doesn't understand my disability because on the outside i look normal but on the in side I'm screaming in pain.

Hi Donna, Im also in UK and can so empathise with your onset and symptoms. Our families do find it hard to understand and this adds to our frustrations and lack of validation. I know for me its caused relationship problems for the exact reasons that you say..we dont look sick and often make such a big effort it masks how we are actually feeling.

I recognise the anxiety and low mood because of our limitations and that feeling whats coming next when we try to do the things we want to and dont know how much pain it will cause hours or a day or 2 later..it's like one long uncertain roller coaster.

Youve come to the right place..we all understand and you can vent ask anything without feeling judged in any way. So welcome and join in..it might help just to be around like minded people....who are all in the same boat.

You can find out here what helps other people to manage their symptoms..dont give up hope things will get better..many people do improve ....physio didnt help me either but maybe a pain clinic might offer something that would help you.

Take Care

Last edited:
Hi Donna,I'm from uk to.welcome,it's truly a rotten illness.what dose of gabby are you on.as that's a med that can go up along way.i take 600 mg a day.
Maybe ask your dr to up it.

Hi Donna,I'm from uk to.welcome,it's truly a rotten illness.what dose of gabby are you on.as that's a med that can go up along way.i take 600 mg a day.
Maybe ask your dr to up it.

Thank you for reading my rant. I was on 900 mg 3 times a day. Along with other meds. I'm also using a tens machine which is used in pregnancy and they are not working. My doc. after months of telling them i need to change meds. I'm now being weened off gaba before i can take something else x

Hi Donna, Im also in UK and can so empathise with your onset and symptoms. Our families do find it hard to understand and this adds to our frustrations and lack of validation. I know for me its caused relationship problems for the exact reasons that you say..we dont look sick and often make such a big effort it masks how we are actually feeling.

I recognise the anxiety and low mood because of our limitations and that feeling whats coming next when we try to do the things we want to and dont know how much pain it will cause hours or a day or 2 later..it's like one long uncertain roller coaster.

Youve come to the right place..we all understand and you can vent ask anything without feeling judged in any way. So welcome and join in..it might help just to be around like minded people....who are all in the same boat.

You can find out here what helps other people to manage their symptoms..dont give up hope things will get better..many people do improve ....physio didnt help me either but maybe a pain clinic might offer something that would help you.

Take Care
Thanks for reading my rant. Can i ask what meds you take so you have been a suffer alot longer than me. I'm open to any and all advice
Thanks

Hi Donna. Welcome to the forum. I completely understand where you're coming from, this is not an easy journey! It feels like a constant battle with obstacles in your way all the time. This has caused a lot of friction between me & my husband and almost finished us after 18 years of marriage but we're trying to get through it. It's so hard for someone on the outside to imagine even a tiny bit of how we're feeling & most people with fibro seem even more independent & stubborn where we should just ask for help from time to time. I'm my own worst enemy & tackle most things on my own then pay the price! There's always someone here to offer good advice & sometimes it's therapeutic just having a vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back