Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
US
State
SC
Good morning. I've been on Cymbalta for 7-8 years for my fibro & chronic depression. My neurologist wants me to try Savella as some fibro symptoms have become less manageable (leg pain primarily).

I'm on 120 mg of Cymbalta & have been for years. He had me taper to 60 mg for 14 days then I'll start Savella. I've been on 60 mg now for 4 days.

Anyone have experience with weaning to half the normal dose of Cymbalta? How about Savella? Anyone find more success on that than Cymbalta. I switched from 1200 Gabapentin to 1500 Gralise recently also.

Hi , Have you had sucess with Cymbalta?
I also have fibromyalgia and chronic depression. I also have been taking Cymbalta for this. Works very well, but still worried about the future and side effects.

Hello Herrera, I have used the Savella for several years and received some benefit from it. I would definitely try it if I were you. For some it truly is a magic bullet. I had some negative side effects that I suffered as a male that wouldn't be the case for a woman. One wide spread side effect that I have read about commonly is the change in a persons body odor.as a man I didn't have the vocabulary to describe it until I read a lady's description that fits. She described the odor as a strong vanilla scent. I found that to be accurate. There are numerous ways to mask that if it occurs to you with body sprays or perfumes etc. definitely do try it. The odor wasn't the reason that I discontinued using it but rather the effects it had on a male body. I hope for you that it provides some positive benefits as it has for many others. I wish you great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back