In Georgia. Escaping Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I'm here hopefully our last night.
It's been hard managing stress lately . I try. but like discussed in another thread it's hard to keep this up . I don't handle stress well anymore, then I get sick and feeling like I want a protective bubble around me .
I think once home I will seek more help with stress management. Today I got a generated text saying our store would resume hours at 1 pm and what shifts could I work and it was just stupid. :(. Let's just add more to my little over flowing plate . Then there's lack of good management and a "non available new manager" that can't seem to answer any prior heads up texts that I'm in another State because I had to flee for my life ????. I can't believe these poor Miami folks that had to work . I let them know that I wouldn't be available unti this coming week end. We still don't know if we can make it home tomorrow with how hard hit Jacksonville got hit .
So maybe this is Gods way of saying it's time to give my job up soon .
I can't deal with this and then was told " I'm too stressed" SO sick of that . No I think it's the opposite I think I'm done fighting with everything.
I'm pretty sick of that welling feeling in my stomach just wondering what's next and today I realized that I don't have to prove myself to anyone anymore. I'm just done with this attitude.
Maybe I used the wrong verbage in another post saying experiences make you tough.
I meant maybe they harden you to the reality of the world and really in my world I have always had to fight to get ahead or then what ?? I'm not about to be in bed . I was there for a whole year in 2008. And I never want to feel that way again. Just tired the last past year of bs from the work place.
I don't do well anymore with anyone not being fair and thinking about others. I can't believe this company would ask people to work the day after such a horrible storm of such destruction. ??? I don't know anyone who's going shopping!

I hope all is well! My prayers are with you all and your families!!! Take care of yourselves and loved ones!

Hugs to you. Horrible situation. I don't know if this will help you, but when my son has panic attacks, I ask him 'Is there anything that you can do about this right now?' Usually the answer is no. So I suggest he's done everything possible that he can do and now he just needs to take care of himself. Deep breathing, a walk. For you maybe a bath (if it's not too hot where you are), sit in a pretty park for a bit, a heatlthy meal, a movie. Deep breathing really helps. An exercise that I do with my choir that really works for anxiety and is easy is to breath in to 5 slow counts, hold for 5, out for 5, rest for 5 (or I say whoosh for 5 to get all the stale air out). repeat. This is truly overwhelming amounts of anxiety for anyone, let alone someone with fibro. Try to make your hotel room as comforting and soothing as possible.

Maria22. I feel like I felt exactly the same with you now when I was about to let go with everything that was stressing to keep. But I kept pushing and pushing on till in the end I lost everything that I fought to keep. Thinking about it now as I'm fleeing from all stresses, lost my job, frozen my accounts, frozen my loans and debts , got kick out of my apartments completely homeless drifted from hotels to hotels for a month luckily my bf's mom took me in later. I'm thinking you know what , it's not that bad. I'm doing much better right now than I was before I lost everything. Thinking about it now I wish that I had the opportunity to have quit my job on my own term , really I do cause that would had gave me much needed peace of mind and a better life plans that I didn't have when I was deem as unfit to work. It would have hurt me and stressing me a lot less than what I've had been through. Honestly there is no job in this world that could care about the worker's stage of mind. I remember when my mother was closer to her death while I was beside her bed at her last moment on this earth , I've got an emergency call back to work cause I spent too much of my time away already. Imagining how furious I was now maybe my mom heard me scrambling and stressing trying to look for possible flight back to NYC ( my mother was in hospice care for cancer in Texas) . She passed away while I was on the phone call trying to bargaining just for more time or maybe just a quick drop in to work then come back to her side. It was too late , I heard the nurse shout that she just stopped breathing! I lost all my strength and drop down to my knees. I swear when I headed my flight back to work as requested the day after , it was the most completely bitter grudged feeling I have ever felt. So more life experiences doesn't make me tougher, it made me more venerable, but that venerability will constantly teaching me my way around tough situation which might looks like I'm getting tougher but in reality I'm just easily accepting the unfortunate circumstances. My minds are just too foggy and too overly stress , with enough illnesses both mentally and physically to care. Those unwavering expression looks on my face it was just the facial paralysis. :shock:

Thank You all for your constant and kind words of wisdom. I truly feel better being able to talk about.
I'm home now and going to figure out a plan for moving forward.
Marvis Thank You for the steps to practice.
It's helping. Deep breathing is something I can actually practice.
Missv I appreciate your prayers and hope for this situation. I watched the news last night and it was just heart wrenching to see the images of people struggling.
Tipnatee I was crying reading Your story about You Mom. Im sorry, beyond words.
I know that my panic and stress is deep rooted from long ago . It sounds like after Your Mom died you just shut down. That's a response that is your uniquely able to even in the worst of events still go on . And you did !! I'm sure Your Mom would be So proud of You!
Keep praying for Florida and Texas everyone.

Oh no! I didn't mean to make you cried I'm so sorry!!! I wasn't completely shut down at the time cause I knew it was long time coming , but that was just the started of the rollercoaster . Many more tragic in our life can be hard , we have only one choice to push on forward. Please take good care of your self , you are strong just keep thinking forward and don't let the passed stress holding you. The future are still far ahead and many things can changes so much we'll never know. Keep living and any problems will get fix on the way there. I'll be praying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back