Cooking with fibromyalgia, what have you been eating lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground beef , mushroom, cauliflower with basil pesto creamy mock risotto

I really like this rich creamy risotto I just made the other day which I can also eat it with bread stick if I want carbs, very tasty. ;)

Just buy or chopping your own fresh mushroom and fresh cauliflower in to rice size small pieces, tossing them in to the pan with small amount of butter ( Irish butter if you can find it) then add small amount of cream . I personally like using half&half and you don't need to add a lot cause there's no rice to cook it in. Then add your ground beef along with a scoop of basil pesto which you can use pesto fresh or in a jar and just put in as much as you like. You can also seasoning with salt or adobo for more saltier taste.

Very quick and only take 15 minutes to make. :cool:

Yesterday I was dreaming about 5 years ago of thanksgiving sin that I did with my bf . I deep fried the whole turkey in butter :mrgreen: oh well it wasn't all butter cause butter foam up when use for deep fried. I had to add coconut oil 50/50 with the real butter. I know it's bad but I can't help it. It was so tasty ��.
I also ended up fried tempura okra and green bean , along with potatoes crab cakes with in too. I don't recommend this dish for anyone here to cook for your self, but if you cook for lots of people while you having fibro. It's good to go with a bang :cool: and serve with pride ( possibly with a bit little revenge) :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Here's the very clean and healthy future farms for Sunkacola , I think you'll love this clean farming much better than the organic farming of bottom feeder fish like tilapia, catfish , shrimp or any shellfish which are naturally the very dirty eater. 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kids,
I'm going to attempt to transfer a picture I took with my phone a couple of days ago of a pizza I made from scratch; making the dough and letting it rise, making the sause with fresh tomatoes from my garden, and putting fresh basil also from my garden on it ( I should have put it on just before eating it but I cooked it with the pie and they look like fishes on the pie. ) Anyway, it was so damn good I was telling myself that I should go into business!

However.....I had a major attack about 3 hours after eating just two slices of pizza and drinking a half bottle ( about 8 ozs ) of real Coke. So now I'm wondering if something in the pizza triggered the attack or was it just co-inky-dinks? The pizza is so good that I am willing to try it again to see if I get the same reaction.

Has any9one noticed food triggers?

The Pizza Man TVG ( much better than the Papa dude ;-)> )

Might have been the coke, that stuff is used for drain cleaner, lol, and mixing it with pizza might have done the trick. I have problems with some of my favorite foods and have found it is best to ration out the amounts and times of having certain foods to avoid triggering my fibro. It seems this illness changes our bodies responses and some of those changes can make the simplest chores or foods we eat have bad effects on our way of life.

Lots of time I suffered from severe feeling of dehydration which healthy pickling fruits and vegetables seem to help me rehydrating very quickly and bounce back with high electrolytes ,good bacteria, vitamins, mineral, and alkaline . Here are my proud and easy recipe I created my self during my bad days.

Salty Honey Pickle Apples. :wink:

You'll need

1. Pink salt or any good quality sea salt that contain lots of good minerals
2. A good big jar of pure good quality honey (be careful not to get the fake honey syrup or honey mixed with corn syrup by accident )
3. Fresh type of baking apples about 4 apples or as many as you want ( any kind of very dense and very sour tasted apple that's not easy to bite in to do to the heavy weight density of the meat almost like wood with lots of water content, very strong apple smell these are the best)
4. A glass pickle jar big enough to fit as much as apple you're planning to make.
5. A large bowl container to fit you hand in while mixing apple with the ingredients.
6. Purify or filtered hot water.

Washed your apples , peel all the apple skins with shaver, then cut them up to your bite sizes. Put them all in the bowl , with the cup of hot water mix a table spoon of your edible mineral salt ,if you used pink salt then you'll need more than a table spoon cause it's less salty make sure all salt dissolved in to water then pour that salt water on to your apple and Gently mix it well with your hands over about a minute. If you make a lot then adjust water and salt as need. Your Apple should taste a lot less sour if you cut some and take a small bite you should starting to detecting the sweetness in the apple that you couldn't taste it before. You can also add more salt if it's not yet to your liking or water down if too salty ( do not water down too much we need them still salty) . Let it sit for a while while you clean jar by rinsing your jar with hot water , dried the jar then start packing all the apples in to the jar do not add any of the salt water in the bottom at the moment yet . After all apples are packed in , pore honey in to the apple jar , at this point is depend on how much of a sweet tooth you are you can add more apple salted water earlier or just honey goodness or add a little more diluted hot water if you wish. After fixing the test to your liking fill them up completely covered each and every apple to the top close the lid tightly sealed ( try to not have much of air in the jar) and keep the jar on your kitchen counter for a day minimum with out refrigeration . Then you can refrigerate or just refrigerate after you open them. ( I usually like to eat them after a few days or a week ) :smile:

You can eat them alone or serve them with vanilla ice cream , or chop them to smaller size serve on ice with white wine for a quick making of a white sangria it taste great during summer. Or serve them with pork chop , turkey burger, vegetarian burger, or add to your salad. Whatever you want to do . Same way you treat any pickles things like olives or cucumber.

---- next

Healthy diet purple Pickles 8) , this one is easy. You'll need

Half head of fresh red cabbage
3 heads of fresh red onions ( or 4 if you want)
A hand full of those small sweet pepper if you can't find sweet pepper you can use yellow bell pepper . These pepper will act as your natural sugar.
Good quality Apple cider vinegar
Sea salt or pink salt or your choice of salt.
Dried or fresh Italian herbs with ( optional) fresh or dried sage and rosemary
Hot water
Mixing bowl
Pickle container that will fit them all , glass is best but good quality plastic container is also fine too.

Chop chop chop them all to small size of your liking make it pretty , but if you are weak against red onion chopping ( I know I do cause my eyes can burnnnn) please try chopping them under the running water in you kitchen sink and soak them in water after till you are ready to use them. After finish chopping all veggies put them all in to the mixing bowl and pore boiling hot water over them then wait about a minute. you can also microwave them but not with the sweet pepper. Rinse out the hot water , let it cool down , then add cold water , with Apple cider vinegar and salt and herbs mix and adjust to your taste the way you want then mix them well with your hands by mush it ! squeeze it ! strangling it ! kill it with your hands!!!! :twisted: till all the flavor fusing all together then packing them all in to the jar with the juice cover them up and refrigerate it. It should be ready to eat even after a few hour of making ( still some acidic ) but a week after are much much more tastier ( more alkaline) :wink:

You can eat them with just about any food , or treating them like a seasoning to your cooking . Add as a hot dogs topping, add mayonnaise for sandwiches, chopped and added in meatball for more depth of flavor, added to your stir fry noodles to cut the grease flavor, add to your delicious vegan diet, or serve with BBQ. Yum! :cool:

Last edited:
That sounds amazing, Tipnatee!! I find I get super dehydrated right before a migraine, no matter how much I've drunk that day. Maybe this will help. I've been wanting to try to make kimchee, but these recipes sound so easy, I'll start with these. Do you think the cabbage will work with less onion? Onion tends to hurt my stomach.

Of cause !!!!! Without onion would be no problem. You can even substitute it with leeks or fresh garlic ( just microwave them a minute or two before pickling it) , as a matter of fact I was planing to make some pickles leeks with garlics and sweet peppers next using the same method. The basic pickling method is just 3 things which are mineral salt , apple cider vinegar, sweet peppers. That's all there is too it. Much more healthier to eat.

Fresh onions hurt my stomach too very much in fact , that's why I always chosen to cook with frozen chop onion instead of the fresh one. Acid in fresh onion is to main reason of why it's cause it pain in stomach , bloating heartburn, nauseous even cause attack in some case . Cooking it , salt cure it , freeze dried , or frozen it will change that effect like night and day. But if you find it uncomfortable to even a thoughts of looking at it would even cause your stomach aches ( i do that some that's why I hide them in cabbage) . You can still adding it just flavor by using a little bits of onion powder ( or freeze dry red onion flakes ) which you can buy in spice sections. ;)

Antidepressants ice scream popsicles.

Eat 1-2 a day can keep you depression away and they're deliciously healthy for many types of diet , unless you're allergic to nut then it's not for you.

This is a recipe for making 12 popsicles if you only have the 6 popsicles mold you can cut my recipe in half.

12 ground up unsalted Brazilian nuts ( I usually smashing them in the strong ziplock bag with something like a hammer till they look powdery )
6 ripe banana ( not yet turning completely black skin just a few black dots )
1 Dark chocolate bar ( I prefer 40-60% cocoa cause bitter chocolate is more potent in antioxidants, boost energy, etc)

You'll need
A mixing bowl
Fork & spoon
And that thing you normally use to shave the carrot skin call the shaving blade.

I guess I could use a blender but I hate to have to wash it later but you could use it if you like ;)

Mashing your banana in the mixing bowl with the fork (or use hand held blender if you like it creamy smooth texture) . Add the ground up Brazilian Nuts and blending or mixing it well together with banana . Hold your chocolate bar in one hand while the other hand using the shaving blade to shave your chocolate bar in to your mixing bowl ( shaving chocolate give the popsicles a flaky crush like texture similar to cookies and cream and I love lots of shaving chocolate ) . Use spoon to gently mix the shaving chocolate in with your banana nuts mixture and use that same spoon to fill up your popsicles mold then freeze them up for at least 4 hours. Then eat. 8)

Each Brazilian Nut has very high doses of selenium which is a mineral that help fast boosting your immune systems , help with fatigue, and has high potency antidepressants effect , while also giving you energy, it packs full with very impressive amount of vitamins and minerals which can help your lower the does of your daily supplements pills intakes. However! because it's so high in selenium so WARNING, Do Not eat more than 1-2 of this popsicles , just like you can't eat more than 1-2 Brazilian nuts a day. If you accidentally eat more than 3 be sure to stop eating any more of it the next day or two to avoid over build up selenium. A lot of Building up selenium over long amount period of times in your system more than you need can interfere with your digestive system and cause some stomach problem. Some people have more effect than others so eat only 1-2 popsicles a day just to be safe. ( please try to google the benefit and side effect of eating Brazil nut when you have a chance)

With banana & dark chocolate together with Brazil nut . This is probably by far my strongest antidepressants recipe I ever cooked up with. I usually eat them when I felt my depression coming on , it usually stop my depression cold and stop it from escalating. It help me so much this week. So please enjoy ;)

Someone told me that my popsicles maker is actually the extra skinny than the normal type they sell in the market . So I'm correcting my antidepressants ice popsicles recipe,

instead of 6 bananas per 12 nuts . Please use 12 bananas per 12 nuts instead . ( each nut per each banana). Or you can also lower the amount of nuts if you want to eat a lot of them at once.

If you can't find ice popsicles maker . Try to use the mini snack ziplock bag size . All you have to do is pour your ice pop mixture in as much as you want to eat per serving in each of the bags , take the air out and close it tight , then put in the bottom of your freezer . Line the up to look like pop stick then freezed. Best ice pop maker ever! No mess.

You are a great cook Tipnatee with lots of tasty and nutritious ideas.

You are a great cook Tipnatee with lots of tasty and nutritious ideas.

That's very sweet of you to say, thank you ! you're absolutely very kind. All I ever want is just somebody to enjoy it and feels better even just a little. And that's really made my day ( less useless) I'm right now getting more in to researching in vegan diet for people who have lots of food intolerances problem. If anybody have any good suggestions please let me know.

Burmese tofu ( AKA Soy free tofu, garbanzo cheese, Chickpeas tofu, or you can even call it a vegan cheese if you want, etc) .

I always love chickpeas and I've eaten this chickpeas dish before and never thought much of it cause it was a pain to make and it wasn't that much of smoothing texture as I want, till I've found out that they selling chickpeas flour in regular grocery store ( aka garbanzo bean flour) I can't help but experiments with it . And omg it's delicious!! There are so many recipes of them online ( you can check YouTube for more) but the best I've found would be .

A bag of Chickpeas flours ( garbanzo bean flour)
A tea spoon of sea Salt more or less up to you ( or your edible mineral salt of your choice )
A few pinches of Turmeric powder ( best turmeric for inflammation is rich orange color turmeric)
And a pot of water.

Stir the ingredients together till it all mix smoothly. Turn on your stove and bring them up to boiling , then turn it down and cook them medium low heat keep stir to make sure no lump found and thicken in texture, then pore them in to square container spread it to flat shape , cover the top refrigerate and let it cool down . After completely cooled it should look like a thick block of cheese or dense tofu. You can cut and eat it like cheese ,or cut in small squares shape then stir fry them with other vegetables like tofu or even fry them up for snack . BBQ it , or serve them with salad. If you want to add more flavor you can do it during thickening process, or after during cooking it. If you want softer texture the add more water during thickening process. If you want super dense texture just cook them very thickly with lower heat till you satisfy with the density texture . :wink:

Thank you all for sharing! I wanted to share what has really helped me in case it helps anyone else. Before I had been following a rough migraine diet avoiding msg, aspartame, nitrates, and the like, (along with avoiding eggs, milk, gluten and nuts, because I am very allergic to those), but within the past several months I also added the low tyramine diet posted on the University of Wisconsin's medical website. Along with the increase in exercise I described in another section, this has really helped! I did some research to try to figure out why it helps so much. I'm not sure I understand all of it, but Basically I avoid foods, odors and products now that rapidly affect nerve messages. I can't believe how much better I am! I have to admit, I sort of had the idea that natural things didn't make a big difference, but I feel a lot less pain, I sleep better, no more tremors or twitching, my headaches used to be three days long and severe and now they are minor, and I have no despression and less anxiety. I'm actually going back to work, which I thought would never happen. I can get a lot more done and enjoy my free time better. I asked my doctor about it, and she said it makes sense, and to go with it. I am taking WAY less medicine and my bladder problem is a lot better. I'm not saying this to make anyone feel bad. I was hoping it might help someone else. Looking back now, the pain and illness from this disease were AWFUL a lot of times. I am hoping and praying for everyone on here to get better. I also avoid artificial flavorings, colorings, preservatives and eat as much organic as is affordable. The UofW diet can be found online. I know it sounds like a lot, but it is so worth it to feel well again! Please try it if you can. There is plenty of food left to get a balanced diet. (In case it matters I also don't smoke or drink alcohol, coffee or tea.)

Thank you Hop4all. I'm totally agree with you. I was watching the video of a doctor who also has fibromyalgia talking about the problem he has with his own fibro treatments and he personally confirmed it him self that " less is more" . You don't have to carry a bag loads of medication and supplements to see doctor or suffering your self through things that doesn't agree with you and still doesn't seem to have any result. Just simply focusing on eliminating stuff that's not working first then keep the one that works. I find that to be much easier to breath. ;)

Today I felt like having a nice cheese burger! 8)
So I use large raw portobello mushroom caps instead of the traditional bread burger bun. The trick to eat them after you stuffed them with all the cooked burger meat, melted cheese, pickle, tomatoes & lettuces ( or veggie patties) is to wrap your finished fully stuff portobello burger with wax paper the same way they serve the daily sandwiches. Then cut the burger in half, peel back and eat! :eek: Cause eating portobello burger alone can get very messy ( stuffing can fall out) and the wax paper will hold everything together neatly. It's so good !! :-D and it will fill you up just like the real burger bun yet much more guilty free , super tasty with full mouth feel and very nutritious! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back