Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
IND
State
ASSAM
Sup everyone. I'm personally not affected by fibromyalgia but my girlfriend is. She also suffers from occasional spondylitis. After consulting the doctor she's been advised to undergo physiotherapy. It started out well but her pain is so intolerable sometimes that she ends up weak and unable to do any activity. Recently her pains have hit a constant of 11-12 on a pain scale of 0-10. She ends up frustrated and depressed. I've managed to motivate her to keep moving forward. But she's started giving up on getting better as she's tired of how she's all okay 1 day but some amount of extra work makes her all worn out and in pain for the next 3. I'm not sure what to say but I want to see her smile again and be hopeful that things will get better. Can you please suggest me something. We're very open to each other so anything that might help me help her would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am going through on/off depression at times when I was in total pain from FM and I usual spend time in bed or sitting when it happens. I am currently taking B12 supplement, and I eat plant based vegan foods and I try to avoid fast food and processed food, I have 3 hypnotherapy sessions for pain management and I do meditate for 15 minutes or so a day. I have not tried CBD oil but I've heard it does help alleviate the pain. I also listen to hypnosis and meditation audios to help with my pain and depression at night and sleep hypnosis audios are very helpful for me to get good sleep. I'm am still puzzled as to why FM does cause fatigue especially when I would do heavy work but I can now mostly endure the pain and the fatigue than when I was just diagnosed and felt totally helpless that time. What is also weird is that FM patients are recommended to exercise and do something but the irony is we sometimes feel we can't lift a finger due to extreme pain. Although I would admit that if I push myself to go off the bed and do something or exercise, my pain is tolerable than when I just sit or lay down the whole time. I hope this would help her and thank you for the support you give to her. It is truly great when people like you support or take care of FM patients, it really does give hope and love. Wishing you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back