Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/1998
Country
US
State
Hawaii
Does anyone have any knowledge of a med that can help you get all of the stages of sleep but doesn't raise your serotonin levels? Being bipolar i am already on medications which up my serotonin levels and my doctor says i can choose between temazepam and flexeril. Temazepam doesn't get me into deep sleep even though it can at times knock me out while other times not working at all. Plus it increases my pain level.

Thank you,

Sammy

I use Lorazepam 1mg per night or when needed.

i use valium /diazepam but am trying to get off it as it is addictive and you just need more and more. Ok for occasional use though at a low dose of 5mg but not if you need something every night.

Flexeril is a muscle relaxant maybe that would help with pain more too? I don't know but some one on here..i think might be cmetryme uses it and it helps muscle pain a lot i recall.

My friend uses Flexeril. Says it works great. I hope to try it soon. Will let u know the outcome.

i am now back with amitriptylin 12,5 mg before going to bed. it help me very much.

As above I on amitripoline 50 mg .

I was on amitriptiline, later switched to clonazepam. I switched because the former made me gain weight like crazy. Clonazepam has the potential to do the same as well, but is not half as bad in that sense. Have you tried aromatherapy? It worked for me for a while, same with those ''natural'' melatonin pills.

I have bi polar ,I have amitripoline but I find the Quetiapine knocks me out mostly.well it was I'm now on a high lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back