Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Sorry, I know this isn't a pleasant subject to talk about and some of you may feel uncomfortable sharing this information but I hope you will so I can get a better understanding of what is going on with me.

Do any of you suffer from IBS and if so what are your symptoms? I feel sick at my stomach almost every day. I have terrible cramps and it gets worse after I eat. It is not uncommon for me to have between 1-6 bowel movements a day, the average being four. I go as soon as I get up and then I will go again about every twenty minutes for up to an hour. Then it usually
stops until I eat something. Then I will feel sick and nauseated and back to the bathroom I go. Last Friday we took a trip out of town and we ate at a restaurant near our hotel. As soon as we got back to the hotel it started and lasted for about three hours. I literally sat on the toilet for at least 30 minutes straight. It got to the point where my legs and feet went numb and when I went to stand up I almost fell over because I had lost the feeling in my feet. They tingled for about 10 minutes and then I was okay to walk normally again. I have a hearing before an ALS judge coming up in November and I am wondering if I have IBS or if it's just my nerves.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have IBS. My rheumatologist told me that about 90% of his chronic fatigue/fibro patients also have IBS &/or SIBO. I've had IBS for 35 yrs, while having fibro for about 3.
My symptoms include alternating diarrhea & constipation, nausea, cramping. Please don't let your symptoms go untreated, as I have had severe enough flares that I had to be hospitalized. Unless the protocol has changed, like fibro, IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. You usually have to be tested for lots of other things before getting the diagnosis.
Best of luck to you.

I only started with full blown IBS about a year ago.....i used to get odd little spells with my fibro but nothing too concerning pain wise.

Then along with a general decline in my fibro I got the symptoms you describe...pain most of the time and if it subsides worse after eating....hours of burning stabbing pain and feeling very sick.

Try reducing all carbs and sugar...even reduce dairy and remember fruit has high sugar.

Try to eat small portions of protein with veg or oats for breakfast...basically keep a simple diet.

This reduces fermentation in the gut and is supposed to reduce bloating and pain.

If things improve you can then add back in things you like a little at a time but keeping carbs and sugar low.

If after a few weeks things don't improve I am sure there is medication for the cramping muscles...I just prefer not to take more meds.

let us know how you go...on a positive note glad to hear you've been out Krista.

I got some relief by cutting wheat (not just gluten) from my diet, worth a try for a couple of weeks and you will know if it works !

My symptoms are pretty random - spin the wheel to see what you get. It couldbe constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, cramping, nausea, or any combination. I'vettriedddifferent aapproaches but the most reliable for me is to just eat lots off fiber (both soluable and iinsoluble)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back