Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2018
Country
US
State
Mn
Hi, I've been slowly working my way through the diagnosis program for two years as things are getting worse. It started out slowly with pains that I just figured were the results of an aging blue collar worker till my doctor sent me to a neurologist who first tried the electrical stimulus tests in early Jan, then we had the suspense of waiting for three months for the next appointment were I still didn't get an actual diagnosis. The Doctor just did his tests and asked if I had heard of fibromyalgia, then gave us a pamphlet about it and a prescription for Gabapentin. We didn't get a real diagnosis for two weeks when I was able to access my medical records.
Sorry for the long first post but this seems to be accelerating on me and it's getting kind of scary, I'm 58, a former US Marine and I run a highway construction crew for a living. I really can't afford to be crippled up and my work involves long hours and high stress

I am a 34 year old male and was diagnosed with fibro end of last year after years of chronic pain and fatigue. I also have mild sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and Celiacs. It is not fun but it is something you can learn to live with and still enjoy life. I have tried the typical fibro meds and have not done well on any of them. I agree that medication is not always the best option. I have opted to go the more natural route because prescription meds have made things worse for me. These are the things that I have done that work for ME. Morning walks/low impact exercise, specific essential oils- (remember most synthetic drugs are derived from a natural source) Stem machine for muscle pain, stretching-morning and night, vegetable juice(taste like dirty dish water strained through a lawn mower bag but it helps) and the big one Diet. I have gone gluten free and that has helped. Also look into the FODMAP Diet. All of these health problems cost me my job. I had the opportunity to go to the Mayo clinic at the beginning of the year. The Dr's there put me on the FODMAP diet. I would be happy to send out any info on the FODMAP diet or the specific oils I use or put you in touch with the person I get my natural stuff from. I know a little bit about what you might be going through so any help I can be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back