Not open for further replies.

FiGhTn4LiFe

Diagnosis
09/2006
Country
US
State
PA
Why do my ribs keep 'popping' and then staying excrutiatingly painful for weeks? I had one in my chest a few weeks ago and now another in my side. Both times I heard it 'pop'. I'm getting really tired of living in here! Ugggg

Anyone else with 'strange' injuries?

Have you ever been tested for osteoporosis? If your hearing popping sounds like a bone cracking followed by pain you might have this bone weaking diease. I had a uncle that could break a bone just leaning against a door frame or the refrigerator. I broke a rib one time when I lifted something way to heavy and remember hearing that popping noise.

there is medication that can help strengthen bones now. I suggest you visit your doctor and get x-rays to determine the cause of your pain. Good luck! :)

Have you ever been tested for osteoporosis? If your hearing popping sounds like a bone cracking followed by pain you might have this bone weaking diease. I had a uncle that could break a bone just leaning against a door frame or the refrigerator. I broke a rib one time when I lifted something way to heavy and remember hearing that popping noise.

there is medication that can help strengthen bones now. I suggest you visit your doctor and get x-rays to determine the cause of your pain. Good luck! :)

My daughter also mentioned Osteoporosis to me this morning. I have a call in to the doctor. Just playing the waiting game now. This one is way worse than the last. It is affecting my breathing and making me fell sick to my stomach.

I was just to the Gyno last week and he said I am at high risk for Osteoporosis because of my small frame and history of eating disorder. He put me on Estradiol because my body told him I am in full menopause and probably have been for a few years. He said it would help protect me from bone loss. I hope its not to late! I am only 49 :( ... which is another catalyst for it. I also have a brother whom my health seems to mimic and he has FM, CFS, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, and Parkinsons.

The fun just goes on and on ... Thanks so much for responding to my question. I hope you are well today!

Certainly something to get checked out, especially if you are experiencing what you call excrutuating pain after the occurence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back