Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I decided to seek out advice and a place to vent and understand as no one in my family or friends seem to understand what all Fibro encompasses and how it affects everything.
I was diagnosed in March of this year after having pain and symptoms for months with such severity that it drove me to the doctor to find out why. I've always had aches and pains- as long as I can remember- with no cause or reason, along with other symptoms that I thought were just things crazy about me. My fingernails grow funny and curve inward. I'm lactose intolerant and have IBS, night sweats, etcetera...
I need some advice...
•Will yoga relaxation & strengthening exercises help?
Currently on Cymbalta (a.m.), Lyrica (p.m.) and Ultram for pain.
•I'm on day 4 of a flare, a divorced single Mom and my daughter has already missed 2 days of school. Is there anything I can do with the school or school board to head this off and get them informed of my condition before it becomes a problem?
She's in Pre-k now but it's a long road ahead and my FM has only gotten worse, not better.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, I am new to this forum also.
I am sorry you are having a hard time. I am also. I recently started taking savella again(tried in the past but didn't work) but I am having so many severe flare ups lately I needed to try something. I also have IBS, migraines and suffer from back pain. I also suffer from depression/anxiety disorder. It can be very hard when you have young children to care for when you are having bad flare ups. I think I would talk to your child's school to fill them in on what is going on with you. Do you have any family or friends that may be able to help you take your child to school for you, if you are unable? I know this forum is helping me learn new things and gives me some peace to know I am not alone. Don't get me wrong I would not wish fibro on my worst enemy.
Hang in there, sometimes people say one day at a time but I say one hour at a time because it is so overwhelming to think of days.:neutral:

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Regarding your question of Yoga. I started on it a month back and though I need to do it everyday I have managed every alternative day with alternative day of meditation. Breathing does help. I feel that my symptoms are diluting rather than concentrating on a certain place. Its much easier for me if my pain dilutes all over my body as then I can still carry on basic tasks. I understand how difficult it is to have a school going kid. I was staying in a cold area a year back when it had started and it was so painful to tie up her hair into plaits every morning during a flare up. But kids understand and give support. Regarding the school, the member above seems to have given good advice.
Best wishes!

Hi there girl! I really think yoga could help, at least it can help you get some mental focus. I did yoga and felt great, sadly I can no longer do it, but if you want you can truly try it! For real, nothing bad can come out from that. As for meds... Some meds work great for some, while others just don't. It's all about trial and error until you find something that works.

First welcome to the Forum. I hope that you feel yourself comfortable here. All are to help. You are in the right place. I recommend you to relax and not think so much pain and disease. Always positive, although it is difficult for many, it is not. Luck and hope that you better really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back