Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Utah
I'm seeing a PA at a pain clinic. He prescribes my meds. The only real relief I ever get is if I take Oxycodone. I only take it when I really need it (I have a great respect for what that kind of medication can do) and I only take 1/2 of what's prescribed. I average 1/2 about 5 times a week. The PA told me the Oxycodone doesn't help Fibro pain but I'm living proof that it does. Does anyone else take it. What are anyone and everyones thoughts about this?

Welcome. It easy for ppl to say what works and what doesn't ,when there not the ones in pain.
I'd have to just tell him look it works for me weather u beilive it or not.
I don't no a lot about the drug only that it's very hard to come off of.

The only thing that brings me any relief is oxycodone. I have been on it for 6 months. I take 20mgs, spaced out to 5 mgs four times a day. I never tell people how much I take because of the stigma around it. I understand that it's an opioid. I will be the first to admit that I am dependent on it. But before you judge me think about all who are reading this and take a medicine everyday, even if it's just once a day. What happens if you have to skip a dose or you have to hold off on taking it. How do you feel? Ever feel the pain start to creep up on you? Make it so your stress level goes up so that you have to take a anxiety pill? Do you see what I am getting at? We all take medicine for this disease. Almost all of us need it to make it thru the day or night or both. It's time to try to understand others pain and not judge those who need a little bit more help. Just because you drink carrot juice three times a day, eat gluten free or walk for ten minutes a day you found what works for you...great. just don't hold it against me or forgetmenot. We had to try lots of other options and came to peace with the fact that these are some scary drugs. Like I said I am dependent on the oxy but most of you are dependent on your medicine too. The only pain clinic within a 4
hour drive said they don't treat fibromyalgia, nor would they prescribe anything for it, narcotics or opiods. So on the oxycodone I must stay. And I have to be ok with that or deal with pain that has been at an 8+ for the last two weeks.. I can't even imagine what that would be like without my pain medicine.

Thank you Hannah! Thank you so very much for your validating words. I've worried so much about taking it. I know there are many on other drugs that seem - to me - to be on the same level as the oxy but those meds don't have the stigmatism attached. My husband doesn't worry about my taking them because he sees what it does for me.

I just realized something......we all need validation. With this disease we need to be validated! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back