DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
MA
Good morning,

I just signed up for the group and have Fibro, spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease and I'm also a long time sufferer of depression. I'm currently looking for a new PCP and someone to take over my pain management. It's been difficult because I'm also a recovering alcoholic and heroin addict and have been sober for 14 over years which can be a sticky subject in the medical community since there's such a stigma associated with it. My current PCP lives far away and isn't comfortable managing my pain anymore because of my past. I've had some pretty horrible experiences with docs and pain clinics over the years and I'm so tired of being passed off from one doc to the next.

Are there any resources for finding a fibro friendly PCP or should I be looking for a rheumatologist? I'm so sick of living in pain and have tried everything. Currently I go to the chiropractor, acupressure, walk every day and am still trying to get the medications sorted out. It's been a long process of trial and error to see what works and what doesn't and I'm sick of feeling like a guinea pig!

I just really need some good support because I'm at the end of my rope and I'm afraid my emotions are going to get The best of me.

Welcome , first off well done for staying clean so long .i lost my brother and his wife to heroin ,so getting off it is a really big deal. Don't you forget just how far you have come.
Also I hope u will find some support here with us, we not perfect but we do understand.for me I'd say find a rheumatologist if your pop isn't any help.
Also maybe ask the drugs clinic if they have a list of kind Dr s who don't beat u with a stick for your past.or maybe even ask the local hospital for good pcps. I'm I. The UK and I can only go by what ppl have asked before, cmetryme is pretty good at knowing where to go and who to ask,I'm sure he will be more then happy to help ounces he reads your post.
Or even someone else who may live near you. So give it a few days and check in and see reply . Pl stop and read our posts as I'm sure your find a lot of ppl who have the same pains as u. And feel free to ask anything about fibromyalgia ,if I can help I will x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back