Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
:-( it is now 251 AM I recently woke up is massive pain I can never get more than an hour and a half of sleep at a time and it is always restless because of the fibro and other problems I have with chronic pain I just can't live like this anymore. II feel like a burden to my family. All of this has taken me from a productively, happy, active person to someone who thinks my family would be better off without me and if I were gone, the pain would finally stop.

Hi Lisa Lee i am so sorry you are so distressed. I totally understand your feelings as i have fibro too and have severe pain at times. Everyone on this site will identify with the grief at loosing the old you.

I recently had a big crisis time thinking how you are. Do you have a doctor or councelling service you could turn to to try and get your pain under control and support you until things improve.

I wish i could do more as i know that complete desperation of please someone make this stop...let me go back to who i really am.

I dont know how it works but if you want to private message me to talk more about your feelings by someone who truly understands then please do so.

Lisa,

At no point will your family be better off without you. You know this and they know this.

You are not getting any healing sleep at night. this will cause you more pain and Fatigue.

If this cycle of no healing sleep continues, the Fatigue will take over.

The fatigue will begin to shut your body down where it stands to get the healing sleep.

Meaning, you will pass out for 5 hours, still holding the fork you were about to eat the cold food
sitting in front of you on the table.

Get the sleep under control. there is a routine you can follow to get back the healing sleep. Also there are Meds to help.

I dont remember what i called the post on this one. Sorry

Once this cycle is broken,
you will see reduced pains,more energy to do things with your family and friends.

your new life, will start from that moment on. its up to you to make the best new life as you can.

dont give up. you will have reduced pains ahead and ways to cope with the pain.

you will learn from this forum there are things you can do to reduce your pains.

Yes sleep is a big thing many of us struggle to get enough of. Lisa Lee cmetryme is definitely right your family would not be better off without you.

When i am at my worst i have these feelings too....but then thinking of my family, my lovely adult son ...and what a terrible impact it would have its not the answer...even though i think many who have the bad end spectrum of this illness may have had your thoughts too.

Last edited:
I'm with you! How long have you been married? It's NOT! YOUR FAULT OK! We are here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back