Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1984
Country
CA
State
BC
I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia several years ago. Now my doc thinks i have developed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I will be undergoing testing now. I have crushing muscle weakness.

Hi rusty, welcome and good to meet you. I hope your doctor can finddsomething to help you. It is really hard to wait on tests.

What kinds of testing are they working on? I feel fatigued and weak a lot of the time but figured it was just part of Fibro. Any idea of what separates the two?

Nothing really seperates these two elements of the illness...there are different names used by different doctors and in different countries...pure CFS/ME is thought to have more fatigue and less pain whilest fibro is considered generally to have more pain and less fatigue.

However it seems to be the same family of illnesses...and lets face it all docs have differing opinions some not even believing any of it is real.

My illness started as long bouts of fatigue so bad i would drive home from work in my lunch break to get into bed for 25 minutes then drive back for the afternoon. I was about 32/33.

I had long periods of remission where i was fine but then pain kicked in in my mid forties from having absolutely none.

CFS is characterized by debilitating fatigue and recurrent muscle and joint aches, swollen glands and difficulty thinking. Other symptoms are sore throat and widespread muscle pain. The symptoms overlap but there are subtle differences. CFS is triggered by a flu-like infectious illness while fibromyalgia is triggered mostly by trauma. Women are more likely to have FM than FB.

Hi rusty! I hope everything went well! Please let us know, I think it's great you have found a doctor who listens to you and is willing to cooperate. Many of us haven't been that lucky, but I am glad you are getting all the necessary tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back