Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
Many people are leading disoriented lives because they have become jaded and lost touch with what makes their lives tick. For someone living with FM, life is a daily struggle sometimes against a host of discomforts. It is easy to get lost in the maze and despair might set in. The remedy? Looking for something to live for. I have cruised through many challenges in life because I have invested my hopes in faith. I believe that there is a better place to live after this life. My Christian faith is my waking slogan.

This is absolutely true. It can be hard to find something to live for when you have to deal with so much constant pain, especially since depression is so common in people with FM.
Personally I have dealt with mental illness way before my FM symptoms ever appeared, and for years I've struggled to stay alive, constantly at war with myself.
Now, I do still have days where it's very hard but ever since I got my dog, I've found it a lot easier to find the strength to keep fighting. I've had dogs before, but I've never had such a strong bond with them. He is really my anchor in this world, the reason why I am still here today. He is perfect for me and I am eternally grateful to have him in my life.

For me it's all about practicing gratefulness... appreciate what you already have and not curse life or whatever for your current situation. I do believe that being grateful and appreciate even the smallest things can lead to a lot happiness. I'm trying to exercise gratefulness, by looking 3 things I'm grateful or thankful for, even the smallest thing can make it to the list. Something as small as my favorite movie being aired on TV and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back