Not open for further replies.

GulfWarVet71

Diagnosis
03/2001
Country
US
State
OR
Do you realize that if you are not getting oxygen transfused to cells, muscles---this will lead to pain, decreased exercise abilities, anxiety (re oxygen deprived). By accident I had a simultaneous arterial and venous blood gas done (had good doctor that did it) and wow his response to me is how are you able to do what you are doing...how are you able to stand and walk....I told him when you have a mission and having been military you just do it. But what showed up was normal arterial blood gases but on the venous blood gas the oxygen level was way abnormal and high.....this isn't right ALL!---it shows there was a problem with oxygen in blood being transported to cells and muscles etc. There fore the fatigue, pain, decrease in brain flow of O2, decrease in functioning after trying to do normal stuff! This is a simple test to get done so I encourage all please get one done arterial and venous blood gas....the blood has to be quickly iced...and to the lab as fast as possible....to get adequate readings.....can be done easily. You need both arterial and venous blood gases so they can see the problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the test called?

Do you realize that if you are not getting oxygen transfused to cells, muscles---this will lead to pain, decreased exercise abilities, anxiety (re oxygen deprived). By accident I had a simultaneous arterial and venous blood gas done (had good doctor that did it) and wow his response to me is how are you able to do what you are doing...how are you able to stand and walk....I told him when you have a mission and having been military you just do it. But what showed up was normal arterial blood gases but on the venous blood gas the oxygen level was way abnormal and high.....this isn't right ALL!---it shows there was a problem with oxygen in blood being transported to cells and muscles etc. There fore the fatigue, pain, decrease in brain flow of O2, decrease in functioning after trying to do normal stuff! This is a simple test to get done so I encourage all please get one done arterial and venous blood gas....the blood has to be quickly iced...and to the lab as fast as possible....to get adequate readings.....can be done easily. You need both arterial and venous blood gases so they can see the problem!

This is all very new to me, I would never have even thought about even considering this as a reason for the pain and all. This is very good information that you have given here, thank you very much. What would I need to tell my doctor in order to get a test like this, is there qa name for it. Again, thanks for this information.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back