Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hi guys,

I've been very involved in helping my girlfriend deal through fibromyalgia symptoms. Joining this thread will hopefully help us both out.

I read a little bit before signing up and and waned to say thanks everyone in advance for sharing your experience and tips.

LABiker, Kudos to you! I am so sorry your girlfriend is going through the fibro life. It really is real and having your understanding and support is HUGE to helping her. I applaud you for looking into it. You must really care to take the time. Many significant others don't understand and so aren't supportive. Don't hesitate to ask any question you are curious about. This group gets into some pretty detailed issues. Some funny, others pretty difficult. It has helped me tremendously. My husband too is supportive and "gets" it. I've read him a few posts when I think they are examples to help me help him understand. It has brought us closer. The main thing is she'll have good days and bad. Sometimes the bad hang on for weeks or months. Stress seems to be a trigger for most, from what I have gathered. I was amazed and felt validated to know SO many others have the same debilitating issues. Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good info so poke around.....Terbaer

Kudos to you! Most people don't realize when you feel like this you haven't the ability to help yourself. You can be a tremendous support to her, in this regard.

Thanks guys for the quick replies :). I am happy to help her and she helps me when the need arises. We are working on finding her a suitable treatment plan at the moment. I'm going to be hanging out in the "Alternative Medicines / Therapies" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back