Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
tx
Should someone with fibromyalgia and chronic pain do the ice buck challenge?

Write a check, take two ice cubes from the bucket, put them in a glass and top with your favorite beverage. That's the Patrick Stewart method and my choice.

In my personal opinion, I would not recommend to people with health problems. I am not a doctor or anything, but it's own common sense. I have heard of people in health after doing that, they've got serious problems.

Write a check, take two ice cubes from the bucket, put them in a glass and top with your favorite beverage. That's the Patrick Stewart method and my choice.

LOL, Yummy! I can definitely see myself doing this with some iced tea :D Yeah, I'd definitely go for it, lol. I'd never throw a whole ice cold water on my head, I'd surely get very sick next day.

Should someone with fibromyalgia and chronic pain do the ice buck challenge?

I really don't think it0s wise to do such a thing, fibro or not, but specially if you have fibro or a weak immune system (ie diabetes, HIV, etc). I don't think it will do you any good! So please don't try it! Better write a check! That kind of things aren't for people like us... pity someone nominated you!

I don't think that you should the Ice Bucket Challenge. Doing it will make you worse. So better not do it or you'll regret it.

I do not think it is wise for anyone to be dumping buckets of ice on there heads. I would just donate some money. I saw where someone dumped some water on a doll so maybe you could let a doll take your place if you really wanted to do it.

"Should someone with fibromyalgia and chronic pain do the ice buck challenge?"

Not too sure what you are asking here. Just reading about that challenge caused pain in my arms and legs. I guess it depends on what your goal is in dumping the ice water on yourself.

You should know if cold temps cause you pain or not. If they don't, then don't let extreme changes in temp stop you from doing what you want to do. If cold temps cause pain, then either dump ice water on yourself if you enjoy pain or avoid the ice water if you don't enjoy pain. Simple as that.

Or are you asking if the cold water will injure someone with FM? Not that doctors know. However, it can make them feel miserable for a while with flare-ups in many chronic symptoms.

Since FM is an invisible disease, I think we should dump an empty bucket over ourselves and then write a check for FM research!

Me and my brother did it a couple weeks back. It was really a great challenge for a great cause. My brother has been diagnosed with this, and he's been doing fine after and before the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back