Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
CO
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I currently am working full time as a hairstylist. Im finding it hard to work, keep a social life, and be happy/excited about the holidays and seeing family. Its hard being in pain 24/7 and doing these things... Any advice?

Hello and welcome to are band of merry man .well not really merry and not mostly men . Should I start again lol.
Anyhow. Work can u cut your hours. It really is about keeping a balance .finding good meds that work and sticking to a routine.as for a social life I don't no how old u are or how importent going out a lot is for u.for me I couldn't go out at night if I wanted to.its so hard to tell anyone how to change there life.but hold fast im sure someone here will give u better advice then me.xx

When I was diagnosed my Dr. Did not explain Exactly what fibro is. Soooo I studied, books, and this Web sight.If it gets to where you can't work, there's disability. There is AL WAYS PEOPLE THAT WILL WONDER..?.?.AHHHHA! SHE/HE JUST WANTS DISABILITY.....NO, NOT REALLY. WHAT I WANT IS A PART TIME DESK JOB THAT S SIMPLE, DUE TO MEMORY LOSS.
Maybe something will open up for you, can you work from home? Set your own. Hrs?
I hope your better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back