Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
NY
I was given Gabapentin 100mgs once at night to start. can increase to 300mgs once a night.

My Psych NP is hoping it will help me not only with pain/sleep but with anxiety too.
I take lorazepam for the anxiety 1.25mgs a day separated in 3 doses.

I am wondering what if any effect this drug will have on my anxiety.

I started the Gabapentin 4 days ago. today I have very little pain....

I am so tired of being scared all the time and in pain too

Not nice is it. I used to pass out with panic attacks .it really is one of the hardest thing to beat, I stop when I feel pregnant as I though it would hurt the baby. That helped me have a new mindset. And that's what u need a new mindset. You have to much time to think . And no I'm not saying get pregnant lol.

ok but has anyone had or have experience with Gabapentin? Bad or good?

I take gabapentin, 100-200 mg at night plus 100mg Savella, 50mg Nortriptilyn, .125 Mirapex, plus my regular meds for HTN, Cholesterol, GERD, and if I need to 10Mg of flexeril. I till wake up in pain and by evening I am really ready to cry. I have not found the magic combination yet. Best od luck to you.

After finally being diagnosed with fibro, I am starting to reduce my tramadol intake as my doctor wants me off them so she can try me on a different painkiller. I have been taking 400mg a day for over 3 years now and I have concerns about addiction so I've halved my intake and am playing things by ear at the moment. I'm currently taking 2 x 300mg tablets 3 times a day to combat restless leg syndrome. This has gone on for about 5 weeks now and I have suddenly started to get rashes on my legs and arms. This has only happened since I was advised to increase my dosage from 1 tablet 3 times a day to 2 tablets. I will give it a few days to see if it settles down before reducing my dosage back to 1 tablet and seeing my doctor next week for some advice. I find it works very well with the restless leg and helping make up the shortfall in pain relief of the tramadol.
She put me onto gabapentin after I complained of night terrors and late night heart palpatations when I was taking amitriptylene.
I don't feel zombie like, which I did on amitriptylene. I feel more alert and during the day manage to concentrate on my job, most of the time.
I need to work. I think I'd go stir crazy if I didn't/couldn't. I make sure all my medication is taken just before I set off for the drive to work and never take any within 4hrs before I drive home.

So, from my experience, if the rashes calm down, its been fairly positive using gabapentin.

i was on 3600 mg a day. way beyond what the law allows. i had to reduce to 2700 a day.
it does not seem to be relieving the number of knife pains i get. i am now down to 1800 mg a day.
i take it as i dont have anything else to take.

if you can find something else to take i would.

that's just how my body intakes the meds. everyone's body takes in and processes the drugs differently.
if it helps take it. if it dont help, stop taking it. dont waste time and money on drugs that dont help.

read the bottle and get informed on what it should be helping you with.
addiction to that drug never happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back