DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
ID
Hello all!
Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and asthma. I have been a hairdresser for over 20 years, single mother, strong physically and mentally and very independent! I just turned 60 this year and BAM! I am in constant pain from my head to my toes! Lots of headaches, gut problems, acid reflux, interrupted sleep because of the pain, constant fatigue & depression.

I have been my sons caregiver for the last 17 years, he is 34 now. I am a good problem solver & look for patterns. The only thing that has changed in my life recently is...
1. My stress level due to more health complications for my son.

2. A few months ago the owner of the large lot behind me sprayed weed killer on his whole lot one day as I was working in my salon that is in my garage. All of my doors & windows were open and I think I got a hefty dose of the weedkiller. Four days later I end up in the ER with heart attack symptoms. ER doc says it wasnt my heart it was my lungs.

3. I got my first tattoo for my 60th birthday. A gift from my son.

My doc says my constant stress is catching up with me.
Here are the meds I have been on in the last two and half months.
a round of prednisone, Dulera(asthma daily inhaler), Cipro(antibiotic), Mobic(nsaid), Delixant(acid reflux), celexa(antidepressant), Lyrica 50mg 2x daily(fibro).

My hands and feet still feel like someone is standing on them & the body pain in the morning is terrible and I have a constant loud ringing in my ears,and the fatigue is unbearable.

I have been on the Lyrica for three days and I'm afraid to take it after reading patient reviews. I have gained weight from reduced mobility of the OA and cant afford more weight gain. Mostly I am afraid of the side effects that will affect my ability to make a living and take care of my son.
I have just started researching and found this forum. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back