DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
Winter is coming....ugh.

Winter is when I really go down - I live in a very wintery, cold, snowy climate which is hard enough to stay motivated for anyone, esp. when it stays dark so long (in the thick of things we get light before 9 and dark before 5). I think it is the cold that gets me most - and the variations in pressures.

Anyway....I currently take amitriptyline so I can sleep at night - it really helps because if I don't sleep well, I am hooped ! With winter coming up, I am looking for something for pain, at least considering it. I have a very sensitive stomach (ibuprofen gets me)...I would like something with minimal side effects. Ideas ?

Some things I've heard of - tramadol, pain patches ?

If (when?) it gets bad I want to go in to my doctor - who really needs to be lead, if you know what I mean. He's accomodating and listens to me but he can be kind of clueless, just throwing any drug at me, I've tried some that only made me worse (sulphasalazine, escitalopram/lexapro).

Welcome, I want your snow lol I'm from the UK ,and I remember moving out to Canada for a few years ,everyone knew I wasn't from Canada as I was out in the snow making snow angels at min -30 lol.
Anyway .i take tramadol and paracetamol .its a life saver ,without it Im Like an 80 year old. Worth a shot.

try the patch.

make sure you are doing the log book so you can as you say lead the doctor.

TENs eletro unit

meditation centering focus i was in martial arts (besides growing my whole whole life in pain of some level)

anyway martial arts teaches controlling the mind not it controlling us yea my 30s i have gotten lazy and the

pain worse but point is your in control if you train it and take it research study those i said above also self

hypnoses if we teach our mind to focus elsewhere its not going to be a mirrical but i can crank the stereo

and drop a 10 or more to a 8 or so distraction focus on something other than the pain

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
Lance Armstrong

my words and the quotes i put up may seem new age or BS or whatever but there truth and i have learned and lived both quotes

when we give in to fibro it does win and last forever and the music does make the pain go away

best wishes hope you find your way to peace and some relief

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back