Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Has anyone ever had a complete breakdown as a result of the pain/grief and lack of achieving impacting on your wellbeing to such a huge degree......i am affected head to toe...girly bits stomach included and all affected 24/7 not the way i had it up until a while ago..... bad days but some better. My doc says i am in in a complete mental collapse....sleep meds dont stop my adrenaline pumping.....i can feel it cursing through my body and get a sensation like vibrating/burning crushing.....where ever that goes the pain goes pulling the muscles tendons tighter and tighter . i take cocodamol pain for some pain relief and i know this is addictive and hate giving in even to that.

I would like to know if anyone ever pulled themselves back from excrututiating pain and feeling like your mind is broken and kind of loss of reality feeling because you are so worn down....even tv/movies/reading feel too much....can't follow or find any interest......because my jaw ,face and head is so painful talking and eating hurts ......i probably should put this in venting. I am new and not very good!

i always appreciated the small things in life, am warm, kind, very caring person but i feel numb with coping pain and no enjoyment. I used to have a career in banking, run my home be lots of fun....and came to terms with this illness after 2 years in 2009 but even i cant fight this much pain and feeling useless and a burden as my partner has had to take over in the last few months.....i did a big try doing some bits and bobs and result was even more pain...and i keep thinking today might be better but it never is any more. Its also making him so stressed seeing me like this and i love him and feel so responsible for ruining our lovely life.

Aside from a couple of days ago i haven't been able to go out since April....and going out was almost too painful to bear the movement of the car. My dad says thats not possible which hurts as i truly am a fighter even though i am whining on now.

Last edited:
Willow , I used to have very bad OAB .over active bladder.
It was so bad I had cameras and all sorts of things up there.i swear it the most awful thing to suffer from.
Now first thing to tell you is. Salt. Cut out all salt .salt is in most packet and tinned foods.within a week of no salt and no coffin I felt a lot better. To the point i could have sex again after three weeks.
Next point. My OCB give me UTI over and over. But again it's was salt. And stress .i can't begin to tell u once the stress in my life was removed it all went away,
Now when I say stress I was getting divorced my brother died and I was living in Canada in que Bec French speaking part. I don't speck French.
I wouldn't mind betting if u remove the salt and sort out your panic attacks . Your feel so much better .xx

wow thats the most hope you could give me.....i am so stressed and i cant tell you how much just your story that things can change for the better has given me......sometimes that small from a fellow fibro can warm your heart and help you soothe yourself.thank you so so much for the hope and advice xx

Hi Willow, I am so so sorry that fibro has gotten worse and is causing you so much pain. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. A lot of us here have had sudden terrible flare ups and confronting this condition at its worst is very scary and frustrating. I also wanted to share with you some of the things I do to help me find some form of relief, whether that's in pain, fatigue, cognitive, or spirits.. I hope that some of these things may help you in some small way.

1. plant based diet
2. juicing
3. cut out processed foods and sugars as much as possible
4. being in the water - the weightlessness and the distraction against skin helps with pain
5. gate control theory - this is new to me and it's very fascinating to discover that there may be a way to change my relationship to pain and how I perceive it
6. foam rolling
7. stretching
8. gentle exercise
9. meditation
10. icing

Hi Willow,

I'm new as well and reading your post sounded like me! I literally spent last Nov. and Dec. in bed from a major flare up of my RA and of course Ms. Fibo had to add her two cents as well! As you are I am a very positive person, my husband has said more then once that he's glad this has happened to me ( not meanly) but because he is a HORRIBLE patient. I try to roll with it, but believe me I know there are days when no rolling is allowed! This is a difficult disease - and I agree with dancingwithfibo - I changed my diet, swim when I can, and try to overdo it - that's my weakness I'll have a pain level 2 day - which is like no pain and overdo it - I'm my worst enemy sometimes - I have a very dry sense of humor and it'll show in my posts - I believe in humor and happiness - as much pain as I am in I know someone is worse off. I know that sounds trite but it's the only way I will be able to through my days! Take care and believe it or not things will get better!

Hi Willow,
I got that way and was feeling suicidal so it was recommended that I spend some time in a mental health facility. It was the best thing I did for me. I spent two weeks with only my health to think about and finding new ways to cope. While it didn't do a lot for actually decreasing the pain, it did open my eyes and body to mindfulness meditation, which has helped me immensely. I also learned what I call "baby yoga" which is a terrific way to stretch, exercise and relax. Both help me manage pain, fatigue and life. Taking time out to care for your mental health is as important as your physical health. They are totally connected. If you have a good facility and your insurance covers the cost, consider an inpatient stay. If you can't, and it's too painful to travel to a local therapist, there are good on-line resources. Gentle hugs. Pat

Your dad is wrong. Find yourself a functional medicine Doctor while u still have a husband who supports you and research an AIP diet. Also sleep is incredibly important for the body to repair itself

Are u familiar with dr. cassar

No Vusse71 I am not familiar with Dr Cassar..I am the Uk. Sorry to you guys if it sounds as if I am feeling sorry for myself. I pushed myself so hard that all my body is agony....I can't sleep for burning pain head to toe...if i sit my bottom back arms neck head throb and get heavy after a few minutes like i just can't hold them up andpain builds and builds.I messed my legs knees and hips up so bad walking 15 minutes last week now I can barely hobble for a minute to the kitchen..resting makes no difference.The pain is fixed not moving around like it used to. I don't think UK mental health people could help me. I don't want to live like this. It's too hard. I am on pain level 8 at best and 10 at worst 24/7 and that's with cocodamol and anxiety meds that should also relax muscles.I am not a person who would give up. I am not a weak person...like you all i have been positive, humourous, brave, kind thoughtful but i cannot do this anymore.I am not a cryer but i can't stop. I am not me or even the fibro me that could sit in the car and enjoy the view or sit in the garden and appreciate the squirrels and birds and trees. The hope has gone the joy has all gone I am gone submerged by pain exhaustion boredom.
I will leave the forum as even you guys don't need someone as ill as me bringing you down.

Willow, you are not bringing anyone down. We are all here for eachother. I'm so sorry your pain has gotten to this point. I've been up for days as hurricane Joaquin moves his way my way the pressure of all the rain moving in is almost unbearable. I'm so tired and angry I can't stand it.

OH Hippiechick91 that sounds awful. I have no experience of hurricanes of your level...the highest winds and storms we get here are around 90miles per hour....i guess thats around 140kilometers per hour.Thank you for your kind words.I am still here just about.Praying for your situation to pass. How is your fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back