Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Yes it's true I got so sick of my house my life my mood I went out.not only did I go out I took my little one to a warehouse that's turned into a jungle gym.

While I sat there watching people with friends (remember them?).i felt so very lonely.

So said damn it and I climbed up the mountain. Yes I said mountain. I can't quite explain the pain in my collarbones. Think 2000 volts crossed with a side order of fireman's axe in my spine.

You get the picture. Now I'm up the top .my daughter being 3 don't understand mummy can't move right now. Runs for the slide. No, not the easy one, the one that bends like a corkscrew.

Other red faces mum pant by .one that made me look slim. Yet I'm stuck 30 foot in the air. And there's only two ways down.

The slide of death as I'm Sure I'd get stuck and in the local news or back the way I came. With 30 screaming toddlers. I'll save u the images of my getting down.needless to say my little one had the best day ever . And never let the fact mummy was a mess upset her day out ��.

But the next time I feel useless as a mum I'm taking her swimming. The worst part is. I'm not sure if I was in pain with the Fibromyalgia or just bloody unfit because of the Fibromyalgia lol.

I'm glad you got out. I remember taking my kids to similar places - good memories! I bet you two would have such a nice time swimming!

Oh m gosh Forgetmenot! I can so picture it! Atta parent! You did it and your daughter will likely remember it for a long time. Next time swimming.....lol Sorry! I have done things with my 14 year old recently that about killed me, but she was smiling. I'd say, it was worth it, but damned if I'll do it again!

Thank you for the laugh forgetmenot. I'll take them were I can get them. Brownie points for you. I'm thinking we could write a children series based on this...fibro mom climbs a mountain. Fibro mom goes to camp. Fibro mom throws birthday party. You get the picture ; )

Ha Ha made me laugh Eyesup......fibro mum's everywhere we deserve a big well done.

When i first got fibro and didnt know what on earth had hit me...my son had just started his first job after Uni and had a long commute drive....park...ferry... bus and then the same coming home.

About 4 hours travelling each day.

I was trying to carry on as normal but found myself crawling into bed at about 3pm for an hours rest...then the driving force you have as a mum to nurture and care made me drag my body out of bed around 4pm to start cooking a freshly prepared home cooked meal for my son so that it was ready as he walked through the door.

Sometimes i could barely stand but it made me feel good i was still being a 'mum'.

Last edited:
I think I was lucky with my son. Looking back on my life, I think I've had signs of fibro since I was a teenager, but it was manageable. I had my son at 24, worked full-time and played softball and volleyball. I could keep up with him, but crashed on the weekends and missed days of work here and there.

I had my daughter at 37. I was still functioning by others standards, but still silently suffering. Having her took more out of me and damaged nerves that my body never recovered from. Well, fast forward....My daughter is now 14, I haven't been able to work since July 2014, on disability and can't fake it or play catch up. It's a daily struggle a majority of my life, although I do have better days during the summer. My counselor has helped me to accept that my daughter is with me in a different capacity than my son because she has to care for herself more. She does her own laundry, has to get her own meals most days. I try hard to suck it up and not miss out when it's something that really matters. I didn't miss one soccer or basketball game this year. Last year I did. Proud that I didn't this year tho!

I'm glad she isn't a huge shopper. I was at her age. A month or so ago she wanted to go and look for a dress for this dance. I KNEW we wouldn't find what she was looking for in time. It was like two days before the dance. I sucked it up and took her anyway. By the 6th store, I couldn't keep the pain to myself so laughingly said I was wearing out. We laughed and she said "Push through it mom!" in a joking manner. Well I made it! I was down for 3 days after. I didn't ever tell her it was because I overdid it shopping. I want to still have those connections with my family. It's important! I don't want to be known as the mom that never did anything but sit on the couch! That was me last year. Not working is such a blessing now. I think I'm finally getting my legs under me just a little so I can "climb the mountain" once in a while......I am starting to be more than just a shell of myself when I was working.

Sometimes the best medicine is the thought when u crawl into bed that your kids are smiling .
In next weeks episode forgetmenot takes her 15 year old shopping looks up at terbaer .tune in to see if she makes it back alive.or weather she's mistaking shoot as a walking zombie.da da daaaaaa .sorry no dramatic music.

Good luck with that Forgetmenot! You'll make it, I have faith....Ya, can't replace the smile of our children...I'd do anything I could for them. Keep me posted! lol

Well I took her shopping today.im not sure what's worse my bank account or my right knee.its soooooooo painful.top shop was made for skinny ppl ,and rich ones lol.i swear the biggest size they went was 14. I'm talking uk sizes .
I'm getting old libby on the other was quite at home in the size 6 zone.in fact I was the only fattie in there .;)so I slipped out before I was stoned to death for daring to enter on to a nice bench .rubbing my poor knee. ive been on a diet four weeks now,I've lost weight but not the speed I'd like to ,or from the places I want dam it.so today I walked for four hours give or take a coffee. And my knee has had it.how I'll ever lose weight I don't no.
My daughter being 15 has gone from I love u mum to I hate everything about my life.was I ever like that ? Kids!.
So I'm sitting here whimpering hoping someone will make me a cuppa tea or say awww does it hurt.but nooooo.cant beilive how much it hurts I dare not move.

Aww....So sorry Forgetmenot....I have such compassion for you and your pain. Just a few more years! We just have to survive teenagers for a few more years.....lol

I have been trying to lose weight as well. Kinda hard when I can't do much without severe pain. Just hang in there.....Gah!

I'm trying to go out more lately, because staying at home it seems to only make things worse, at least when it comes to my mod. I'm glad you got out, the worst thing we can do is spending too much time at home. I am very unfit now, but I am truly hoping I can start exercising soon, so hopefully I can lose this extra weight! Fibro can totally wreck your life in so many ways, I've been so down I've gained a lot weight, no exercise, lots stress, depression, etc.

I think it is a good thing to get out of the house every once in a while and take it slow as you will need to get used to moving around outside and also the body can get some fresh air and you may feel better knowing you got out and having achieved some things when you make some effort, in doing so and having someone with you can be a good thing keeps you motivated. It is something which can make other people not understand what someone with fibromyalgia goes through in their day to day life and know some people who have to go through a lot to do some tasks like walking or even opening the door to the room or the house. I think that doing small movements or setting small goals can be a good thing and do small things each day which can motivate you to try new things for yourself and having people who understand you can make the journey more easier as you have more motivation which can make you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back