Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2006
Country
US
State
NV
I have heard that eating coconut oil regularly helps with some of the symptoms of fibro, has anyone tried this? Does it really help?

I haven't seen such literature or assertions that suggest that a coconut oil diet lessens the symptoms of fibromyalgia. I presume that if there is an element of credibility in it, it has to do with applying it topically. I know for sure that oils are not hydrogenated which is one of the causes of various morbidities like hypertension and complications related to weight gain which predispose for fibromyalgia. But I am aware that if one believes and trusts in a remedy no matter how ineffective it is, the power of belief helps a great deal.

Coconut oil is antiviral and antifungal, so it can help with these kinds of chronic or acute infections. I use it to prevent or speed recovery with acute illnesses such as colds but haven't seen an overall difference.

Yes, I have been eating coconut oil for almost two months for the anti viral anti fungal affects as ginger fashionista pointed out. I also have had severe boating/IBSD and fungal infection on toe nails, thrush and chronic yeast infection that could be from exsposure to toxic mold and/or inability to chelate mold. Supposedly, coconut oil helps fill in the tiny holes in the gut caused by mold/candidas that may have been causing my leaky gut symptoms. It seems to have helped a lot.

I hate to say it, but I added coconut oil to my family's diet several years before I came down with fibromyalgia, so it didn't prevent me from getting it. But maybe I would have it a lot worse if I didn't eat coconut oil. IBS is not a prominent symptom for me.

I've been hearing a lot about coconut oil these days, and am curious to try it. As with other foods and products, it seems that the purer versions are supposed to provide the most benefit. I am interested to try it for myself, and also for one of my cats who experiences some skin rashes and itchiness. I add olive oil to her food, and that seems to help, so I want to try coconut oil and see if it provides additional benefits. I have other health issues as well, so I cannot remember whether the information I've seen applied specifically to Fibromyalgia, but I can't see that trying it out would harm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back