Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PH
State
Metro Manila
I've read many articles correlating magnsium deficiency and fibromyalgia symptoms. For example, Mayo Clinic did a clinical trial of a topical Magnesium solution. They claim to have positive results.

Anyone here who has tried Magnesium supplements? Do you feel they're helping?

Thank you!

I take supplements and use a magnesium lotion made for fibromyalgia. To be quite honest.. I haven't noticed a difference yet. Maybe I feel calmer, but it's hard to say. Magnesium is really good for the body and most people with fibromyalgia are low in it, so I would keep taking it as long as you can! Make sure it's magnesium citrate, which is the most readily absorbed. I also take a lot of vit. D and I feel that has made a difference in my energy levels.

If you don't mind my asking, how much magnesium do you take? I am taking 500mg at bedtime and
haven't noticed much difference.

About that, with the oral supplements. I am not sure how much the lotion adds to the dosage. But yeah, I haven't noticed much from it either. Maybe it's more of a part of the good nutrition we need and it's not going to be an immediate painkiller or anything, but it will help our bodies heal through health. Not sure, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back