Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Ok , most people might say because I have fibromyalgia I might have magnesium deficiency. I have been eating lots of green and healthy food for years, so I tried some magnesium supplement last night. It was 500mg and I thought I was going to shoot my self to the moon. It was so bad I had to made my self a diaper cause the sudden leakage ruin my night gown. I was so tired after running to bath room for the ten times I fallen as sleep on the way back. :cry:

Lol I use a higher dose of magnissium to relieve clogging. ..I think perhaps try a smaller dose like 200mg and maybe add some take some psyllium fiberto firm it up. since you are already ingesting a fair amount of magnissium you may only need a small amount.

Too much Magnesium causes diarrhea. Look at a health food store for magnesium in a spray. You can then spray the area you need muscle relaxation. PT's and Chiro's use this method. Too much Psyllium can also cause diarrhea. Be careful!

Oh no! That is not fun.
I have the opposite problem, so magnesium is helping things run normally. I started taking mag/cal in liquid form this year (the capsules are all waaay to big for me to swallow). I was having a lot of problems with restless leg, muscle twitches too. My doc said I should take magnesium, and I said I already was... then took a closer look at the bottle and realised I was only taking maybe half the recommended dosage. Up to about 500mg/day and my legs are much less twitchy.
Start at a lower dose, I guess. Didn't know there was a topical spray. Does that really work?

Oh no! That is not fun.
I have the opposite problem, so magnesium is helping things run normally. I started taking mag/cal in liquid form this year (the capsules are all waaay to big for me to swallow). I was having a lot of problems with restless leg, muscle twitches too. My doc said I should take magnesium, and I said I already was... then took a closer look at the bottle and realised I was only taking maybe half the recommended dosage. Up to about 500mg/day and my legs are much less twitchy.
Start at a lower dose, I guess. Didn't know there was a topical spray. Does that really work?
I have restless leg too and lots of spasm in both nerves and muscles , it felt like an earthquake underneath me that's why I tried the magnesium. After a few run back from the bathroom I looked up some info and some did say to take with calcium for better results. I was too hurry to fix the problem I didn't read all of the info down at the bottom so I took some calcium to add on top and ... yeah needless to say the diaper need to be change. However I never have proble taking just calcium supplement with potassium which I do daily.

I have RLS too and I noticed the magnesium helped but also caused the same problem to a lessor degree. Also I read somewhere that taking the supplement in the citrate form is more beneficial to your body because it can adsorb it easier. Magnesium citrate 300mg is what I take.

I have RLS too and I noticed the magnesium helped but also caused the same problem to a lessor degree. Also I read somewhere that taking the supplement in the citrate form is more beneficial to your body because it can adsorb it easier. Magnesium citrate 300mg is what I take.

I just saw a commercial on migraine stop supplements. The idea of regular over the counters magnesium supplements doesn't absorb well to our blood stream ( cause my went straight to colons) unlike the magnesium I've got while I was in hospital seems too making a whole lots of sense . And according to my lists of constant deficiency . I'm thinking of trying it just to see if it would help , thank you for confirming the idea. I owe you one.

I would like to suggest when trying a new supplement to start with the smallest mg possible. Many people think if a small dose might help I will jump start it with big doses and then boom, either you live in bathroom or end up in E.R.. Not to say supplements don't help as I am a firm believer in trying to help my health as much as anyone else, but I have always used the lower dose mg and then waited to see if it makes me feel better or worse. Thanks for sharing your experiment with us Tipnatee N, you might have saved another member from a terrible running experience. :)

Thank you , I truly appreciate your suggestions. It might seem silly but when desperate for relieve I can easily get irrational about the doses and though that should be alright, and boom I'm on the floor crawling . I'm laughing about it now but I sure wasn't at the time.

Use: Metamucil, a big heaping tablespoon full in Water.
That works excellent at controlling diarrhea.
That's what my doctor had me do , as I had the runs 3 weeks.All my tests were normal.

Go to Walmart and get the 》Equate verson, it's cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back