DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2018
Country
CA
State
ON
I was diagnosed a week ago, but have had symptoms going back 30 years. My
rheumatologist didn't give me much guidance. I am already on Cymbalta, try to exercise daily, go for chiro and massages. I heard B12 injections can be helpful.
Anything else I can do.

Welcome to this forum!

I am so sorry to know that you were diagnosed a week ago but have had symptoms long before. As you are taking medication, doing exercise daily plus going for chiro and massages, that should be helpful. How do you feel now? Do you feel any improvement? How about your diet ? Do you take any supplement ? If you can lessen the stress in your life and have a positive attitude toward Fibromyalgia, thinking that you will be getting better and better, these will help you have it gradually under control.

Marie, I have been on Cymbalta for 5 years for depression and my symptoms got some better after that. My diet is good. I am taking iron, D3, Omega, Calcium. My main concern is my numb feet. I am pre-diabetic, so not sure what is what? Thank you for checking in with me. I find I get frustrated having to rest so much to be able to live my life, but I also feel grateful because it could be worse.

Susan, since you are pre-diabetic, are you on a special diet? I have Hypoglycemia since childhood perhaps, and my whole life is on diet, that means, I do not eat pie, cake, ice cream, chocolate.............etc. And I do not drink juice except those unsweetened and once a while only, I prefer complex carbohydrates to simple carbohydrates, and vegetables fill my dish always.........all these I do to prevent my hypoglycemia from becoming diabetes. And the diet makes me feel less tired.

What is the main cause of your numb feet? Is it the pain and tiredness of Fibromyalgia or / and depression that you need much rest so as to be able to live your life? Daily exercise is very good for you. I am afraid of chiro, so I go for acupuncture and it works well.

I am sure you are going to feel better and stronger very soon.

Hi yes, I avoid sugar and alcohol. I think numb feet is a sign of fibro. I am a nurse so am on my feet a lot too. Thank you very much for the encouragement. I went to a party last night and divulged my diagnosis and was told "at least it's only that". It hurts because you don't feel validated.

I understand how you feel because this is what I experienced. Those who do not suffer from Fibromyalgia, they cannot understand what we are going through and how we are suffering. Their indifference and sometimes even criticism add to our pain as we do not find the understanding and compassion that we would like to receive. That's why I do not tell others anymore or if I have to tell in some cases, I do not expect anything from them so as not to feel hurt. And this is what leads me to the forum where we can find support, friendliness and in turn to give support to the others.

I went to my doctor and she is sending me for a sleep study and an EMG. Today, I am so tired, I haven't brushed my teeth yet. Better days ahead I hope. Thanks for your support.

How is your sleep at night? Are you able to get some rest at night time? What symptom makes your doctor to send you for a sleep study and EMG ? Have you ever had a sleep study before? I had it once but I do not like it. Hopefully it is helpful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back