Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
FL
Hey there! I'm really excited that I found this website and will be able to get some much needed understanding. My husband, family and friends are caring but it's different to be able to speak with someone who actually has the same diagnosis as me. I was diagnosed with FMS 10/2014 and had been suffering with the symptoms for quite some years. Trying some natural alternatives like light exercise, stretching, vitamins & supplements-my PCP is aware, prayer, meditation, stress management & some diet changes for a bit. Didn't want to try meds right away-personal choice. Any suggestions are welcome!

Hi Nee-C. Good to meet you. I'm doing much of what you are as far as treatment. I have tried massage in the past and found it helpful but I've not been to a chiropracter. The only med I take is Gabapentin but I only take it as needed when the weather changes. I have a friend who has tried acupuncture and has had good results. I might try it since I don't want to take meds if I can control the symptoms and flare-ups otherwise. Hope you find the forum helpful

welcome to the forum.

i glad you found us and are trying to research FM. i do understand the no meds.
you do need to find the triggers to the pain. if you dont know, say its coffee and you keep drinking coffee you will flare everyday.
how well is the supplements working for you? are you using the right ones? you need to know these things or your just wasting money.
others here use the supplements and i use the botanical. the calming ones and some pain ones too.

please start out by reading my post starting a daily log book. it will help you with all of those questions i asked above. its under the general discussions page. please research and post what you have learned here on the forum for all of us to learn.

Prayer and mediation are used for us as well. It helps a great deal in fact. We also find that hot soaks with aromatherapy oils helps 2. Massages that the boyfriend gives also helps a ton.
Marijuana helps a tons for the pain. But it might not be legal where you live. *Shrugs in consideration*
Warm rice packs helps lots for the pain and also helps to relax Ya. Body relaxation helps (yoga/mediation/guided imagery). Justa thought for Ya 2 consider. :)

Wishing you the best of luck. If Ya ever need a friend to talk to feel free to message/add. You are not alone in this.

*Points to body* Understands 100% and cares. Listening to you and sitting with you if okay.

Blessings and peace to U! <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back