Little Bev

Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
FL
Hello everyone.
My question is this. When I was diagnosed in Aug of this year(2013), my symptoms were widespread pain that wouldn't go away, burning skin, etc.. But since I was diagnosed, I am having other symptoms like extreme muscle fatigue, headaches, and burning scalp that feels like the burning on my skin that comes and goes. My question is this, why am I just now feeling these different symptoms? Would I have eventually felt them had I waited and been diagnosed later? Just curious. :?:

Well, what I've found, Bev, is that my fibromyalgia symptoms have changed over time, too. I was diagnoseded in 2008, but since that time, the pain has become even more widespread, and other things are bothering me. For instance, at first it was mostly my neck, shoulders, upper back, and arms that hurt. Now my pain includes my legs and especially feet. I think one of the things you can count on with fibro is that it's not necessarily consistent.

It wouldn't hurt, of course, to check it out with your doctor.

Bev, I think fibro is a disease that evolves, so it's very common to see a change in the symptoms. It's happening to me, I'm starting to notice symptoms I hadn't noticed before. Just in case... try to check with your doctor! Specially if those new symptoms happen suddenly! You never know what kind of message your body could be trying to deliver!

Hi!
I think symptoms do change over time, even though I've read it isn't a progressive syndrome. The symptoms change with stress and hormones and can worsen through menopause. I've had this for over 20 years now, (misdiagnosed) and have suffered various symptoms and changes in my symptoms over the years. Since I never was properly diagnosed, I've never been on any medicine for it.

I think you would still feel them later on. It's just a matter of timing. I guess you need to communicate the additional symptoms that you notice to your notice and ask whether that's ok or whether the situation is getting worse. I would be very picky when it comes to this problem and will keep on observing myself if I were you.

The burning skin feeling seems to come from overstimulated nerves. It is hard to treat other than using cool cloths or some perfer using a heating pad on low setting. It is a good idea to get checked by a doctor as in case the problem is not related to the fibro, but is related to the medications that you are taking.

Some medications cause allergic reactions that can cause similar side affects like burning skin feelings or rashes, or worse. Do not always assume that the problem is just fibro. Just because you have fibro does not mean you can not come down with totally unrelated other medical problems. If it is just fibro then treat it like you would for sunburn. Use cooling products like aloe or cortizone creams that stop itching and pain. I believe there are also sprays that can be used to stop pain and cool the area.

Good luck! I know how bad it can feel. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back