Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
North Carolina
Hi everyone, I'm melinda and I was told last month that I have fibro, but I think I have had it for yrs. On August 15 I woke up with the worse sore throat of my life. I could not swallow water, so I went to doc and tested negative for strep I was told I had viral pharyngitis. In a few days throat was better, but I woke up on August 18 at 2 am and could not move, my body hurt from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head. I could not sit or raise my arms above my shoulders, my arms were so weak, and hurt so bad. I went to hospital doc told me viral pharyngitis made my fibro worse, so I got a shot of toradol and went home, next day I was worse so went to my regular doc and she gave me a cortical shot and another tornado shot, I do not do narcotics because I am in recovery tornado is non narcotic and works well for me. Also all blood work came back negative for autoimmune disease, but the cortical shot worked. I am still very sore a month later in my arms but I can walk and no one can tell me what is wrong, I do have an appointment with rheumatologist but I want to know does fibro hurt that bad I have been having pain all over body for yrs but not like that it felt like I worked out and my entire body hurt that bad. I believe the sore throat is connected, and I lost 30 lbs I was losing a pound a day but it has stablizedplease if some one could tell me what they think

Welcome. Sadly yes fibro can be that bad.what you need to do now is talk to your Dr about meds that u can take daily .
It's sounds as though you had a bad flare .flares can be that bad. Have a good look around the site. And pls feel free to join in, the more ppl the better. As here we all try to support each other.x

Amen to that! Count how many times I've been. To the dr. Or er. My husband started to call me a hypocondreact. When I shared with the final fibro diagnosis he said "that's the new thing" . So Me and my Lord will work this out. And SHAME ON HIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back