How do you deal with frustration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trellum, my mother is 90 years old! She's been bed-ridden for a year and a half, and just this last week she developed pneumonia. We were afraid we were losing her, but she has rallied, and I think is pulling out of it! :)

I'm glad to hear that! I was really scared two years ago when the doctors thought my mom had breast cancer. The possibility of losing one's mom is always a scary one. I wish you and your mom the best of luck!

The way I handle frustration depends on its source. I rarely pay any attention to what others are doing in their lives because they aren't dealing with the same issues I am dealing with. Comparisons are pointless.

If you are frustrated by hearing about the activities others engage in, I suggest you stop hanging around them and find people dealing with some of the same issues you must grapple with. There might be social groups for adults in your situation, in your area.

Have you looked for other friendship sources?

Yes, but I don't think I can walk away from my actual friends just like that :?: I think it'd do me really good to be with people in my same situation, because so far I haven't met anyone in this same situation (same age). That would be enough to help, because I don't think I could just walk away from my boyfriend either.... he's super healthy, but I can't leave him just because sometimes I feel kinda down.

Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

Lately I have been meditating and doing yoga on the yoga mat that I just bought. I usually blaze up a bowl, put in ear plugs and sit indian style on my yoga mat with my eyes closed for a good 20 minutes. That really helps a lot and I strongly advise that you try it. I've also gone for long walks while it is raining outside. That is a blast to me and really cleanses my mind. Try it.

Lately I have been meditating and doing yoga on the yoga mat that I just bought. I usually blaze up a bowl, put in ear plugs and sit indian style on my yoga mat with my eyes closed for a good 20 minutes. That really helps a lot and I strongly advise that you try it. I've also gone for long walks while it is raining outside. That is a blast to me and really cleanses my mind. Try it.

I liked the going on long walks idea, not sure about doing it while it's raining tho :) I've heard abouy yoga so much lately, I'm going tru a really hard time in my life, but I'm slowly starting to accept these are the circumstances I was supposed to live under. It's really hard, but the sooner I start accepting it the better.

Trellum, have you checked to see if there are any fibro support groups in El Paso? You might call hospitals or churches to ask. Or maybe google "fibro support groups in El Paso" and see if anything comes up. That would be a great way to meet people with similar issues. I wish you the best!

I try to take a deep breath and remember that I am ME, not them. There is that saying... I would rather be a genuine version of myself rather than a fake version of someone else... or something to that effect ;)

Find confidence in yourself and you will discover your inner peace!

Lately I have tried to burn incense and/or candles while playing soft music, often classical music. Sometimes I will do this with all of the lights out after I eat dinner. That puts me in a really nice place. I advise that you try it. Does anyone use baths? I've been thinking about getting back into taking baths like I did when I was a kid.

Yes, but I don't think I can walk away from my actual friends just like that :?: I think it'd do me really good to be with people in my same situation, because so far I haven't met anyone in this same situation (same age). That would be enough to help, because I don't think I could just walk away from my boyfriend either.... he's super healthy, but I can't leave him just because sometimes I feel kinda down.

Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

If you find that you cannot walk away from friendships, don't do it, but add people who are dealing with the same issues you are.

I found that most people I considered friends, were not all that good for me. They found my needs and restrictions were an inconvenience and were compelled to advise me on a condition they could not identify with. The did not believe anyone could be in the sort of pain I am in.

I cannot afford to have anyone who is that unhelpful in my life.

If your friends are truly helpful, you are very lucky. Hold on to them.

I know what you mean about frustration. Sometimes, I get so frustrated that there I actually feel a ball of envy in my chest. Last week, we went to Walt Disney World. I was so jealous of my husband and his sister because they could go to the parks every day and ride all the rides with our kids. I can't ride anything jarring and had to spend 2 1/2 days at the hotel by myself cuz I was in so much pain. What can you do?

But everyone has their own struggles, even if they are not outwardly apparent.

Take Care.

Trellum, have you checked to see if there are any fibro support groups in El Paso? You might call hospitals or churches to ask. Or maybe google "fibro support groups in El Paso" and see if anything comes up. That would be a great way to meet people with similar issues. I wish you the best!

Thank you very much, fibrogal :) I should try that, I think I could find support groups for the other health issues that are affecting me as well, there is one in particular (cosmetic thing) that is REALLY affecting me. I'd love to talk with people, specially women who are going tru the same thing I'm going tru right now. I guess that would help a lot!

I try to take a deep breath and remember that I am ME, not them. There is that saying... I would rather be a genuine version of myself rather than a fake version of someone else... or something to that effect ;)

Find confidence in yourself and you will discover your inner peace!

Yeah, I think I'm starting to come to terms with the fact my life will never be the way it used to be before. Wish I had enjoyed my life even more back then. You never know when a really terrible disease is going to strike you, I guess I didn't value my health enough. I feel a bit guilty about that, but my mom keeps telling me that's like crying over spilled milk.

I know what you mean about frustration. Sometimes, I get so frustrated that there I actually feel a ball of envy in my chest. Last week, we went to Walt Disney World. I was so jealous of my husband and his sister because they could go to the parks every day and ride all the rides with our kids. I can't ride anything jarring and had to spend 2 1/2 days at the hotel by myself cuz I was in so much pain. What can you do?

But everyone has their own struggles, even if they are not outwardly apparent.

Take Care.

I'm sorry to hear your pain stopped you from having some fun with your kids and husband :( I haven't reached that point yet, but I know I might actually reach it one day. Right now I've other health issues I'm struggling with, but it really helps to vent over here... I now feel much better about it... ever since I sgined up here :D

I hope you can find something that can really help you with your pain, right now I'm not taking pain meds... because I'm already taking too many meds for a condition that requires me to do so. I'm using medical marijuana instead. I'm also changing my habits a lot :)

Take care and I wish you the best of luck!

Today I took a long shower to deal with my anger. Sometimes I will turn out all the lights and listen to loud music on my headphones. Other times I will take a cat nap in order to be refreshed and start anew.

Trellum, I feel you. It is very frustrating that because of Fibro you cannot do the same things you used to do especially when the pain is too much to handle. There were times that I was really praying hard to God to just end the pain and take me.

Regarding your question how do I handle the frustration? I really think the first step is to accept what is in front of you...there is pain but that is just pain it is not the end of the world. Live your life when you can as much as you could.

Oh Trellum, I can definitely relate to some of what your posting. I'm hoping that connecting with others through this group will assist me. I find that friends/family members no longer want to hear vent about my frustration, so I try to keep it all very positive. Not that I plan on being super negative here, but I'm hoping that it's a supportive outlet. As well, I've kept a journal of thoughts on the days when I just need to vent out some venomous thoughts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back