Have Fibro/CFS for 5ys and still don't understand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breano

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
uk
State
scotland
Hi there just joined you all today and glad to be here. I have good days and bad days but at the moment continual bad days. What I don't understand is how can you suddenly feel so bad and then so good(in a way)? I have chronic pain which I am managing to bear most of the time but can't believe how much my life has changed in these past years.
When I hear how severe it is for some people I feel a fraud and start thinking do I really have this. I was medically retired from work in 2011.

Thanks for listening!

No one truly understands it, although over time we each learn our triggers and our temporary cures. You'll learn to deal with it better over time, although many of us wonder how long term it can be. I hope you manage to improve. Do you have any other medical complaints like Seasonal Affective disorder or anxiety?

Welcome to you! I understand about questioning whether you have this or not. I used to do that when I would feel better. Now, though, I've been in a flare for a month, and I don't question anymore. This is such a strange disease.....feeling ok one day and horrible the next.

There will always be some who are worse than you and some that are better. That's just the way it is with fibro. I've learned, I think, to not compare myself to others with this.

If you have any questions, please post them, and we'll try to help.

Elizabeth

Thanks for that as it makes me feel a bit better and also helps
me accept it a little more!

Brenda

Hi. I also have high blood pressure and heart arrythmia's. Thanks for your post.

H there, breano! I understand how you are feeling! Since I joined this forum I feel the same, at least sometimes, because some of the folks here are going thru a lot and are having an even harder time than me. So I often wonder... do I have this? and also: ''Will I ever get to that point?''. I think it's pretty normal to feel this way, after all fibro affects people in a different way... not all of us have the classic fibro symptoms and if we do... they aren't of the same intensity. So don't worry about it and keep that chin up :)

I think it is the hardest to understand condition. A lot of doctors say it's not a real disease, since they don't have any proof about it. Since I'm not a scientist, I can only tell you one thing : it hurts like hell.

Hi thanks for that - will try and keep my chin up! Are on meds for the fibro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back