Napping made a sudden change to sleep cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedonologist

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
I should have known having a nap as late as 8pm was moving into dangerous territory. I've been staying up later recently so I assume if I went to bed at 8pm I would be awake at 8:20, but I turn around and it's 4:20am! I think this has thrown my sleep cycle out of whack.

I suppose I needed it really though, the night before I was up as later as 3am so I think I will find it easier going to bed at a more reasonable midnight now.

Something like that happened to me when I came back from the Netherlands. I was feeling soooo sleepy by 5 p.m., then went to bed and ended up waking up at 4 a.m.! I meant to take a nap, but instead I just fell asleep. Then the next day I'd not be able to go to bed until late... feeling tired in the evening, but so restless at night. Jet lag isn't fun at all! After a few weeks everything fixed itself on its own. So yeah, you better be careful not messing with your sleeping cycle! Good luck with that! It will surely fix itself sooner or later.

This isn't necessarily related to your condition. Everybody can have these kind of problems. It seems that you will need to stay awake for a day in order to come back to normal :).

Yeah I wouldn't attribute this to your condition either. Evening naps are always dicey and can really throw your cycle off. I'd avoid them entirely and limit naps to short ones in the afternoon. Start going to sleep earlier, but don't nap late in the evening at all.

If you still haven't managed to come back to your old sleep cycle it means that you need to stay awake for an entire day. This is how I've dealt with it. You should force yourself today and you'll sleep like a baby tomorrow.

It doesn't have to be that way, Takedon. I have many days when I force myself not to nap during the day and I still don't sleep at night. everyone is different I guess.

Oh I know it isn't related to my condition, but it's still something health wise, perhaps I posted this in the wrong sub-forum actually nwo you mention it. Still something that's very annoying though when it does happen, especially seeing as I'm not a morning person and my worst hours of the day are from 4am to 8am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back