DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
Oregon
Hi,

So a little back story. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia four and a half years ago. Even before that I was having a very hard time waking up. Beyond the morning stiffness and pain its like being underwater and not having the strength to push myself awake. Does anyone else experience this. If so what do you do to get yourself out of bed. I have three boys and a loving boyfriend that need and deserve my attention.

Wow! That's a perfect description of what it feels like. I feel the exact same way "like something is holding me back" I want to walk faster like I always did but like you said I am held back. I have to force myself to get up out of bed in the morning. Once I start moving a little bit I seem to loosen up. Sorry I wish I had better advise for you. Just hang in there your not alone. Gentle hugs

I can relate to that. perfect description! I use my phone as an alarm with two settings. Then I have a regular alarm with a very shrill beep that gets faster if you don't shut it off. The phone alarms first wake me up enough to be awake. The 3rd alarm forces me to sit up to turn it off. I hate mornings. I hate the way I feel in the morning. But am grateful to have a job I can tolerate mentally and emotionally now.

ok this might sound a bit daft but worth a go. when i awake im often still tired, so i have breakfast in bed (coffee and serial ) then i go back to sleep for an hour. when i awake im much more awake and alert.. So if you are still working, set your alarm much earlier, get up and make a drink then go back to sleep and wake up to a second alarm.
Also if like me you need a relaxant like rivrotril or zolpidem then ask the dr to prescribe a diferent one. I find that rivrotril left me sleepy and the other one much less so.

I'm the total opposite, I get massive spasms at night so I sometimes go days without any really proper sleep. I work second shift which is a big help since I have a hard time with the spasms it's better for me at night to keep moving.

I get the same feeling and then when I think I'm finally awake I usually fall back asleep. Then when I finally wake up I feel like going back to bed feeling oh so tired, wishing and willing to pay some cash just to be able to just stay there for at least an extra hour!

Thank you for the thought. Not daft at all, worth a try. I've been on workmans comp for three weeks so when I go back to work in three days I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back