For Those Unable to Work: How Do You Spend Your Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work sometimes on line, although this doesn't take a full 8 hours. Mostly reading, watching TV, generally doing other stuff that I would do on the weekend anyway. I do spend more time sleeping though which does take up a certain portion of my time.

That is really a great solution you've found yogi, joining a health club can improve your health and keep you active. The internet can also help a lot, at least from the entertaining and socializing perspective.

Try and learn some new hobbies. I personally like drawing and writing, but my hand does give me problems. I also worked from home last year for a flower company, pay was not great, but it did help. Find something that makes you happy and makes you want to get up in the morning. Have some fun!

,,,I don't have a problem keeping busy, it's all about pacing myself. (🎢 and not feeling guilty about the time of day I do what and for who). Just saying...in a nutshell I'm not control of the time of day my body doesn't
Conform to my plans.
Be nice to yourself. 😇

I've been unable to work for the last few months. Most of my day is spent sleeping due to overwhelming fatigue. Each day I do get up early with my husband and pack his lunch for him to take to work. Usually I fall back to sleep right after that, unless I have a morning doctor appt.

I spend a lot of time on the computer, but often times my mind can't stay focused so it ends up taking me a long time to read an article or even reply in a thread like this!

I organize dinner, either cooking it myself, or asking one of my adult sons to do the actual cooking. DH gets home last during the week, so he will sometimes cook on the weekends. I try to prepare dinner as often as I can.

I'm planning on going to a crafts store to see if there's anything there that interests me. In addition to fibromyalgia, I also have rheumatoid arthritis so I have many days when my fingers, wrists, etc are stiff and painful. I have actually bought a coloring book and crayons, since I don't need fine motor skills for that. LOL

I need to find some very low-impact exercises to do. I wish there a place near me with a pool for water exercise, but there isn't. :|

I can not work either because of my extreme fatigue and chronic pain I just do little bits around the house and pace myself and when I am able I do a little gardening my ipad passes the time when I able I go for a short walk I try to keep. Positive as I am having a really bad flare up I just have to be patient and hope I will feel better I also do self hypnosis for relaxation hope this helps and positive thinking

I enjoy taking my dog to the beach, we walk on the board walk and it is really relaxing. There are benches there if you get tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back