Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if its medication, part of the fibro or if I'm just plain crazy but my tongue always feels like its swollen. I always have a funny taste in my mouth no matter how often I brush my teeth and the only way I cab describe the problem is a swollen tongue or fuzzy feeling tongue.

Hi Krista! No, that has never happened to me, but once I had an allergic reaction to a medication and my tongue got swollen. Do you see your dentist every 6 months, btw? If you do, then you should discuss this with him or her, I get an oral cancer screening every year performed by my dentist.

If you don't do that already you should start now, and no, I'm not suggesting something is wrong with you because your tongue issue, it's just a recommendation, because you'd not believe how many people out there don't even get that screening done. I know people who have never gotten one done! This is just something to bear in mind next time you see your dentist. Most people don't pay a lot attention to oral health.

Never had that issue as well. Did it happen after you started with some new meds? It can be a strange side effect to them.

It can be caused by meds too, but isn't a very common side effect, at least not of most meds out there. It could also be an allergic reaction, I really think it could be hat, maybe she has no idea, but she is allergic to something in her house.

I've never heard of anything like this until now, but I feel that allergy to food or some other substance is the most likely cause. How long since you have it?

Thanks everybody, I saw my PCP today and he says it is being caused by a medication I am taking. He said to just keep hydrated and chew gum or mints for the bad taste in my mouth.

That sounds like a allergic reaction, I am allergic to nuts and I get a swollen tongue if I eat anything with nuts. It could also be a reaction to medication. Some medication can cause thrush in your mouth, that happened to my Mom when she was on Prednizone. I would go see my Doctor if I where you, maybe you just need to switch medications. Take care!

Allergies can take days to go away, except if we are still exposed to what caused it, that is the issue.

I never had such kind of problem. I think you should consider some ayuvedic treatment.

What do you mean by ayuvedic treatment piya, can you be more specific?

Never heard of that, most likely I would say that it sounds like an allergic reaction to a drug or to something that you are taking, let us hope so for this is not a good feeling.

Thanks everybody, I saw my PCP today and he says it is being caused by a medication I am taking. He said to just keep hydrated and chew gum or mints for the bad taste in my mouth.

Glad to hear that, Krista :) At least now you know why your tongue it's swollen for sure! Sadly most meds come with a lot side effects, I know I say this very often, but it's very true.

I never had such kind of problem. I think you should consider some ayuvedic treatment.

What in the world is ''ayuvedic'' treatment, piya? Never hear the word in my life. Fortunately Krista found her answer already.

Glad to know that you have found a solution, no one can live with a swollen tongue for long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back