DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
ive had this shitty illness for years. But one thing I've noticed is this,
If I do nothing I feel way worse. I can't go to bed even if I can barly move as I have a two year old and three teens.
But it seems the more u slow down or stop moving the worse this illness gets,it's seems once your in the bed you have twice as hard to get out again .that what it seems from years of reading posts .
So what do u think does bed help or hinder.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have found that going to bed can actually weaken your body and your mental spirit leading to a depressive state. Even if you are only able to do a few things then pace yourself and get the important things done first. Caring for little ones is hard enough and then there are other jobs that must be done daily. Clean a bit at a time. Relax often and laugh often. Enjoy you children and watch movies of humor. Try and remain a strong figure in their lives but be gentle on yourself.

I find it is so easy to slip into depression but it is a hard battle to climb back out of that state of mind. Try to keep your brain active and get up at a regular hour and do the same for bedtime. People who are depressed often hurt worse because of the depression. Doing things for others can often easy the pain we feel and focus our attention away from it. So I think I have answered your question that bed helps if we are totally weak and exhausted, but it can become a crutch as well and hinder our ability to function and cope with life. :)

If you feel exhausted with your daily routine, I think you should consider a routine chart. Go on bed & wake up on stipulated time to get better results. Just go on & enjoy life. Spend time with family. Complete your all work & then go to bed. Maybe this will help you better in your case.

Hi erm what I was asking was what do u ppl think about being in bed . I don't I have a two year old lol.i just notice a lot of ppl who get in there bed through pain have major problems getting out again and spend mouths in bed����

Keep moving within reason, being sedentary just causes me more pain so light cardio and basic strength training every other day seems to work the best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back