DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
BC
This is long and I'm very sorry, but I have so much pent up anger. :(

Hello. I have lurked here a few times but I finally registered just the other day. I did not plan on ever posting, but I'm at my wit's end and I need a place to express how frustrated I am. :(

I live in BC, Canada. I have been to a walk-in clinic near my condo many times for various issues. Sometimes I get a good doctor, but most of the time I do not. I was very lucky the one time I went in with complains of severe rib pain and I was diagnosed with costochondritis (which is flaring up again as I type this thanks to a cold, yay -_-). Unfortunately, my attempts to be diagnosed for my chronic pain, fatigue, and other related issues have been unsuccessful.

I went to this clinic last Thursday (June 18th). My pain has been getting worse and worse the past few weeks, so I was feeling very determined to get to the bottom of it that day. The doctor I saw ordered some blood tests (including one for RF due to Rheumatoid Arthritis running in my family) and I went to the lab that same day.

I went back to the doctor this past Saturday (June 20th) after not hearing anything. I saw a different doctor who was one of the least helpful doctors I have ever met. She was the exact reason why it has taken me so long to drag myself to the doctors for my pain in the first place.... but anyways, she didn't have anything helpful to say. My blood test came back normal. My RF was negative, with no signs of inflammation. She said my iron was low and recommended I take a vitamin daily. I asked her if the low iron was the cause of my pain. She said no. So I asked her why I'm in so much pain then. She literally said, "I don't know." I was floored. The only advise she had for my pain was that some people with chronic pain find exercise helps. "But I do exercise," I told her. "I walk to and from work every day. In fact, I walk just about everywhere. I also do yoga when I feel up to it. It doesn't help me." She didn't have anything to say, so I just thanked her for her time and left in tears.

In BC, we have something called "HealthLink BC". It is basically a number you can call that can get you in touch with a nurse that can provide suggestions and also advise you on what steps you should be taking (going to the doctor, the hospital, or other referrals). The nurse I spoke to suggested I contact a pain clinic and gave me their number. I didn't feel like calling, but I was able to locate the clinic's email address. Unfortunately, I am finding no help there either because all they can offer is pain management. So this wasn't helpful either because I don't want to just go through a pain management process and never even see someone who can tell me why I am hurting in the first place. :(

So now I am frustrated to tears and I admit that I am officially giving up. I'm done trying to figure this out. I'm tired of seeing doctors that just shrug and literally say to me "I don't know" and don't do anything to help. I'm done going in circles from person to person who all do nothing.

Now the main reason I decided to vent here is because I have read so many posts with people feeling exactly like I do or have been in my shoes. Many of the people here explain my exact same issues....pain that stabs, squeezes, pinches, burns, etc. all over from head to toe. Meanwhile these same people have had all of their medical tests come back saying there is nothing wrong with them. This is the boat that I am in too and while I cannot find any help in figuring out what the heck is wrong with my stupid body, I am glad that there are people out there who I can relate to, at the very least.

tl;dr - the doctors I see don't know what's wrong and I'm giving up on getting an answer from them

Ok welcome firstly. Now if it was me I'd go back to the dr tell them that simple saying you don't no what wrong and sending me out the door is not a option.ask them out right about fibro. Ask them to refer u to someone who does understand it and believes in it.insisted on the highest grounds that the pain your feeling is very real. That u understand your brain could be sending pain signals through your body for no reason .but it is and that's one bases that is a key fact to fibro. Look the Dr in the eye the whole time and tell them flat your not lying your not there for fun and your sick of being sent out in tears.

I am so sorry you aren't receiving the medicfoal help you need. Alot of doctors don't believe in Fibro. They say you need to work out more. I was diagnosed in 2009 after years of pain and suffering. Try to rest as much as you can, only do what you can and don't beat yourself up for not being able to do what you used to be able too. My eye doctor found that I had Sjogren's Syndrome and sent me to my doctor for blood work which showed up as positive, Prior to that, my weekends would be resting on the couch all of the time. My doctor used to tell me to eat better and have more activity. Once I had the Sjogrens Syndrome, he would spend an hour with me asking me questions. It was very frustrating. I finally found a doctor who believed me and put me thru the pain program. I am fortunate to have pain medication and a husband that basically takes care of me. I haven't worked since 2009 and have been denied state disability twice. I await my court, its been a year now.

Please take care of you and keep me posted. Don't give up. Chronic Pain and Chronic Fatigue are awful.

Please don't give up, you must be your own advocate. Keep persisting. In the long run, You will eventually find a Dr. That hasn't been sued, or is familiar with your condition.
It's very tough with fibro, keep digging in, watch as much educational medical information you can.
God bless, and welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back