Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Quebec
Hello,
So my mother is the one who has fibromyalgia, she's been diagnosed in 1997. Recently, she went to see a doctor about a spot on her right breast, and he told her it was most definitely a cancerous tumor. She needs to confirm the diagnostic, but I wanted to know if the two are somehow related? I'm very worried for her, and I'd like to hear about people who have had to deal with both diseases.

Hi there! So sorry to hear your mother is dealing with this, but... when is she getting a biopsy done? If no biopsy has been done, then he shouldn't be saying your mom has a cancerous tumor in her breast... my mother had a tumor too, they thought that due its characteristics it was likely to be cancer, but they couldn't be sure until they actually tested the cells. Well, against all the odds it turned out to be a benign tumor.

And as far as I know I haven't heard of a link between those two. It could just be coincidence.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Hi there! So sorry to hear your mother is dealing with this, but... when is she getting a biopsy done? If no biopsy has been done, then he shouldn't be saying your mom has a cancerous tumor in her breast... my mother had a tumor too, they thought that due its characteristics it was likely to be cancer, but they couldn't be sure until they actually tested the cells. Well, against all the odds it turned out to be a benign tumor.

And as far as I know I haven't heard of a link between those two. It could just be coincidence.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Hi,
On the 31st she will do a mammography, which will confirm wether or not this is a tumor. The scary thing is, she told me that her doctor lost his mother to breast cancer, and that's why he was so certain that's what it was - because it seemed familiar to him. I really hope he's wrong, thank you for the support!

Hi,
On the 31st she will do a mammography, which will confirm wether or not this is a tumor. The scary thing is, she told me that her doctor lost his mother to breast cancer, and that's why he was so certain that's what it was - because it seemed familiar to him. I really hope he's wrong, thank you for the support!

Don't worry, I think you have said it yourself :) That doctor lost his mother recently to breast cancer, so there is a HUGE chance he is actually mirroring all that on your mother. He is not being very professional, trust me.

The first step is the mammogram along with a sonogram. Some tumors might look malignant even if they aren't in the mammogram (that happened to my mom). That is why your mom must have a biopsy of said tumor done , otherwise there is NO chance the doctor can know whether is cancer or not. Some tumors are benign and can be removed fairly easy.

In my opinion that doctor shouldn't be scaring your mom like that.. I mean, he hasn't even seen her mammogram yet. Makes no sense he is making those claims.

Also be careful, the doctor must order a biopsy, if he doesn't then she needs to see another doctor.

Best of luck and please keep us posted,

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back