Are you a crafty bugger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank-you everyone for the great ideas. I am going to write all this down, since I have a bad memory. But I do have a few dollar stores in my area that I will be going too and trying to find these items. I do think I can handle doing basic stiching and sewing. I will certainly give it a try. I will let everyone know how my projects turn out. I am hoping to be able to do a few things for her. I am actually excited about this. I feel this is going to be fun.

I can't wait for my little grandbaby to get a little older so we can do crafts together. I love my boys so much, but now with a grandaughter it is like a whole new chapter.

I love crafting. I never buy cards for special occasions. I always make cards from scratch. I live on an island so whenever I get some free time I go to the beach to get my scratch materials such as sand, corals, shells, or the leaves on the beach (called filao leaves) and so on. Kids are very creative in nature and they make wonderful things when it comes to crafting! Lucky you :)

I like to paint. I paint on canvas and wine glass and sell them (very, very, very small business). I had to take a break because my hands started to shake pretty bad, but I'm back to it again. It's nice having a hobby.

I love every kind of craft out there! I just started knitting a short sleeved cardigan. I was really doing well until this flare up. Between the pain and confusion I decided to put it on hold before I made a complete mess out of it. I will finish it. I do crocheting and have a afghan going. The pattern is easy and I can turn to that. I owed Ma bridal design business but had to stop because the stress was more than I could handle..let alone sitting at my machines for hours at a time. I still sew things for family when I feel like it. Whether it's an easy craft or complicated I think it helps. Even though I am in pain right now I think of what I will do next!

My daughters started making plates for me with cute pictures made out of my grandsons hand or foot prints. I love, love, love them but quickly found they are a little expensive. So I found small canvas frames and made fish pictures out of my grandsons hands for my bath room. They turned out so cute and very inexpensive. I wish I had some of their prints from birth they would be too cute. There are tons of ideas on pinterest.

I used to be much more into crafts than I am now... I just grew away from it, I guess. In the past I've done all kinds of things including rock painting and I made a few baby quilts. Cross-stitch, scrapbooking, made clothing for my daughter when she was a toddler. My, I should try to check into some of those things again!

If I'd start a new craft at this point, I think I'd enjoy jewelry making. :)

I am an avid scrap-booker and card maker. I also love collaging. I recently started a Smash Book, which is like a visual journal. I love it. i also draw... but in a weird doodly kind of fashion. swirls and such. They are kind of reminiscent of fractals. I just do this sometimes when I don't feel like doing paper crafting.

So that is what I do. I even have a nice little area in the house where I do this. I believe it is suppose to be a formal dining area, but we don't formal dine. In fact, our dining room table is reserved for boardgames most of the time. We love board games as a family and with guests. So those are my crafty/hobbies:) Glad to be here.

I LOVE crafts. I have a whole room just for my crafts. I scrapbook, paint, and have done some cross stitch before. I would love to learn how to knit or hand knit too. I find that it is a way to relax me and gives me something fun to do.

I love making quilts..not that I'm the greatest at it, I have done 2 all hand stitched and 8 by machine ...baby rag quilts are easy..if you happen to have a Mennonite community near you they sell material a lot cheper than fabric stores 2 to 3 dollars a yard compared to 12 or 15 ...rag quilts are fairly quick and if you aren't a great seamstress you don't tend to see the minor flaws...
What is plastic canvas? What do you do with it?

Hi, plastic canvas comes in sheets of plastic squares. You use yarn and patterns to create beautiful boxes or decorations for your home or as gifts. There are lots of free sites on the web where you can get free patterns. I have lots of magazine pattern books with all kinds of ideas for using these sheets of plastic canvas. For me the hardest part is getting some of the patterns cut out because you have to be careful you don't cut into to many squares as you create the pattern so that you can begin to cover the areas with yarn.

If you know about needlework like the material for making hooked rugs, where you need to buy the rug canvas that has 3.75 holes per inch, then you can figure out that plastic canvas is the same type of design, only it is plastic and sold in 11 x14 sheets. I recently got a catalog that has a design pattern for an old fashioned schoolhouse. It is really cute, but the down side is the cost is way to much money. But free patterns are out there if your interested in learning a new hobby. :)

This is the time of year to start dragging out all those indoor hobbies. I am trying to decide what kind of gift to make my nephews. They like playing with matchbox cars and plastic army men, tiny airplanes and ninga turtles guys. Anyways I thought about using my plastic canvas and making some garages and ramps, for those high flying escapes and jumps to safety. If my fingers can hold the needle and yarn.

Either that or just buy something from the toy store. The boys are 6. Any craft ideas for gifts for boys?

I love to do a variety of crafts. I get lots of ideas from Pintrest.
I sew home decor, make quilts of all types. I love to garden. I have not been able to get out and work in the garden because of fatigue and pain from fibro and psoriatic arthritis.I just recently began to do container gardening. I find a container is much easier to manage.
I scrapbook, make jewelry, knit, crochet, and anything else I can get my hands on.

I might be a crafty bugger. I like to think that I am but, I think I'm more of a craft supply collector. I probably have a couple grand worth of craft supplies and tools that collect dust. I have made a couple necklaces for friends and designed these really beautiful wedding invitations for another friend. I love doing it but I don't do it much down here because I can't ship anything from Mexico. I want to start an Etsy store but it's not realistic while I am here. I couldn't guarantee delivery and shipping FedEX would cost twice as much as the item itself.

My favorite craft is greeting card making. Then jewelry. I sewed most of my clothes into shorts once and knitted a wash cloth. I have to be careful because my hands cramp so easily. My back also gets incredibly sore if I sit in a chair hunched over.

I keep telling myself that I need to focus on my craft but I can easily find something else to do. Just like everything else, I start but don't finish...

thats so funny LivetoErr. I colect more suppplies than i make and I too would like to start my own internet store but i need to make a lot more stuff before i get to that stage. i just usually making stuff for family members and freinds as gifts. and yeh- postage is so damn high these days it puts a lot of people off buying the stuff

Hi, it's actually a proven fact that pain relief can be found in being creative, it refocused your brain to the task at hand and they actually call it Art Therapy. The hardest part, for me is having the energy or ambition to start a project, I make fine art jewelry, even though I know it works, lately I just can't seem to start anything, let alone finish a project. I do find taking classes helps as it forces me to do something

I think that being disabled with fibromyalgia leaves us so much time on our hands. I feel like idle hands lead to bad things LOL So I try to keep busy but not just by crafting. Things I like to do include:
Taking care of my small pet zoo - 4 rats, 4 guinea pigs and 2 cats
Plastic canvas - everything from boxes to wall hangings and even rugs
Coloring intricate things like Mandalas
Reading
Chatting online
Walking, when the weather is nice out of course
I've also done some paint by number but shake so bad I prefer coloring more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back