Not open for further replies.

ahart1974

Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
IN
I am 39 years old and was officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia a little over a year ago though my mom has been telling me for years it is what I have. Sometimes I have bad flair ups at least once a month, and there have been times where I have gone a few months without a bad flair up. My body hurts all the time but when it flairs up bad the pain is unreal. My doctor did every test imaginable to rule everything else out. I have noticed that the bad flair ups usually occur during times when I am suffering from a bad cold or flu, or during times of stress. I wonder if there is a correlation there? My doctor had me on Cymbalta, which seemed to help somewhat, but my insurance ran out and I couldn't afford $200 a month for the prescription. He then switched me to Elavil, which really doesn't help much but does allow me to get good solid sleep. My insurance will be back in October and I am wondering if there is something else I should try. Does anyone have any experience with Lyrica? Or is there any other meds out there that I don't know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

ahart1974,
First I want to welcome you to the forum. The medication I use is Neurontin and I use Excedrin Migraine, for all my bodily pain as well as, for headaches. The two seem to work well to get me going in the mornings. I have not tried the meds you are on or as about due to allergies, but other members have taken these drugs and can tell you about their experiences.

Read about pain management in that topic section and go back and read some of the older posts in that part as well. Be sure to post more questions about your symptoms so we can try and help you.

I was on Elavil a long time ago and it seemed to help me sleep but did little else as far as the pain control. As you read more you will gain more knowledge and have better ways of asking your doctors about meds, as well as, ways to handle different problems that come up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back