Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Hi everyone,

I'm brand spanking new to the forums and this page.

I was talking to my old doctor about being diagnosed but had to stop going to her clinic for monetary reasons. I'm currently waiting for my first appointment with my new doctor and hope that he is as knowledgeable about FM as my old doctor was.

Anyway, the way it affects me. I've been living with symptoms since about 2004. But they were extremely mild at first and I didn't know anything about the condition so a lot of other symptoms I had, like sinus issues, migraines, depression, anxiety, etc., were never associated with FM until I became more versed in it.

When I finally put 2 and 2 together it was one of the most exciting days of my life, oddly enough. Not that I was excited about having all these issues and possibly FM. It was exciting because I finally had an answer to almost all that ailed me. Before that moment I thought that I was, either a hypochondriac, or just crazy. Now there was a legitimate reason for me to feel the way I did.

So, how does it affect me day to day? Recently much more than in the past few years. In this last year or so, I've missed about 3 times as many days of work as I used to. My migraines are weekly now instead of monthly. My body hurts me EVERY day.

My RLS affects me every night and day now. It used to happen a few times a year, mostly in the changing seasons like Fall and Spring. It's a daily and nightly occurrence now. It sometimes wakes me up, which is actually okay if it happens in the morning. Then it happens again around mid morning. If I don't take my Tramadol I have to get up out of my chair and move otherwise I feel like I'm going insane. Then it happens again in the afternoon. And of course a couple of times at night. Once after dinner and again when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Ugh. I'm tired of writing now. :-(

I'm sorry for your long history of trouble, but I'm happy you're learning more and more about it so you can take control! You came to the right place for help.

I don't have restless leg syndrome, but I do have restless tongue syndrome. Odd, isn't it? I can't stop wrestling my tongue, to the point where I wake up with a really sore mouth and jaw. I've made my jaw so sore at times that even touching it sends electric shocks all throughout my head and neck. My doctor is having me use Kavinace for it. It's calmed my tongue down by about half. I think if I could take more it would do more for me, but he doesn't want me to because I'm hyper sensitive to anything I put in my body. I don't know if that would help your legs, but it could be worth a shot! I don't think it interferes with drugs. It does act as a sleep aid too.

So sorry! Deling with headaches and migraines is something awful, I know because I've been having headaches daily for more than one month now. It's awful! If you can, please get checked! A MRI of your brain should be ideal, they recommend to see the doctor if we notice a change in how often we get the headaches or other new symptoms.

I actually want to get a MRI of my head, since last one was back in 2011, right after they found something odd thanks to a CT scan. So if you can do it.. just do it :) As for your other issues... I really don't have much too add to what siderea already said. I don't use any kind of medication for my pain... too many side effects!

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back