Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IND
State
Rajasthan
My wife feels pain everywhere in her body,like pinching, burning etc from 20 years.we live in India. Today I read about fibro.If Any treatment is possible in India,plz guide us.

You have access to the internet, so try to see if you can find anything online about Fibromyalgia and what is available in your country. I hope you can find some help. Try to talk to a doctor to find out what they know and can suggest. It is great that you are supporting your wife with this. Best of luck.

The good news is that I don't believe that the treatments for fibro are very expensive or difficult to obtain. Not that they are always effective, but at least they are not extremely expensive. In the US, the drugs Lyrica, Cymbalta and Lexapro are often prescribed. But you also need to do things that do not involve medication. Many people recommend yoga, for instance. For myself I find that getting a good night's sleep is very important. There are many things your wife can do to try to improve her sleep if she has trouble with this.

So sorry to tell you this, but there is no treatment to cure fibro, there only are way to control it thru medications tho. Some meds work better than others, while others just don't work at all. You need to find a good rheumatologist that believes in fibro, so he can try the trigger test on your wife and that way you can know for sure whether she has fibro or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back