Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
de
After 4 years of a diagnosis and countless medication attempts to feel better I feel hopeless instead. Seriously.... I have 3 kids also and im 29. I want answers and I dont feel like I dont have fibro. I get fevers, joint pain, I have recurrent uveitis which in its self is very painful. I am also so tired with out the use of vicodin (some days are better and I dont need the vicodin) I feel like I cant accomplish anything! Im beyond discouraged. My blood tests are normal but my symptoms are not. no medications are working other than the vicodin. Im okay with taking one 10 mg a day. That gives me a boost and takes the pain away for a while. Then im able to clean the house, exercise a little and such...then the pains back but i feel a little accomplished so thats good. Im going to johns hopkins rheumatology for a umpteenth opinion. I also hate the fact that a small amount of vicodin helps me and because the abuse from others, I feel like a fool asking for it. I certainly do not abuse it in any way. Fortunately I do not have an issue with addiction. Anyone else have fibro like symptoms with normal blood work and got a separate diagnosis?

Hi Marly
I totally understand your frustration. My blood work is all normal besides my high Gamma GT levels. I think this is due to the amount of pain killers I take. I too hate that others abuse these OCT drugs, but I can't function without them at times. I'm not working at the moment, thankfully, as I actuLly have to lie down during the day to get some relief. I'm in my early thirties and am despondent as I know fibro only gets worse

It helps sometimes to you that you are not crazy and others feel similar. My husband tries to be incredibly understanding. At times I may seem as though I am complaining but im just trying to articulate the way I feel. in regards to the blood work, I feel like I might have something else. Im holding on to the hope of a more definitive diagnosis and to be treated. We all just desperately want to feel normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back