Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AR
I have been having a lot of pain in my knee. I have never had any issues with my knees before and I am wondering if this could be fibromyalgia related. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Hi Stardisgate,

I just had knee surgery the last week of June for a torn medial meniscus...I recovered and healed properly was out of pain and discharged from the ortho. The first week of September I started gong to Planet Fitness to walk on the treadmill and after the first two weeks of walking started to pain below my kneecap which has kept me from going back to the gym. I have been twice to the ortho doc in the last two weeks, first time he gave me a shot of cortisone (nothing happened to the pain) second time (last Thursday) he gave me a script for an anti-arthritic medication (did nothing for me).

I don't know how to answer you question because I am wondering myself whether it is fibro pain in the knee or a new problem. One thing I can tell you is that if you press around your knee and find a tender spot that takes your breath away in pain, it is probably a tear in the meniscus or ligament. RIght now I can press all over my knee and not produce pain but I am in AWFUl pain when I stand on it or walk for too long.

Oh, and prior to June of this year, I have NEVER had any issues with my knees. I don't know how old you are but I turn 60 next week so my knee issue is certainly age related wear and tear. I am more miserable now than with what sent me to surgery. I am upset with the ortho for not listening to me on my last two visits. I think I need another MRI to rule out another injury to the knee...no way I can be in this much pain and nothing be wrong but arthritis.

Also, my fibro pain is body wide all over muscle ache...I have never experienced it localized to one body part...other than when I overexert working in the house or yard...but that's not to say it doesn't happen to other people.

I'd head to your primary care doctor for an assessment of your knee pain if it doesn't go away soon.

Sorry for the rant! Can you tell I'm over it!

Good luck!

I just had knee pain many times. Sometime the reason for it is bad positioning of knee while moving, playing sports etc. fibro pian stats with muscle ache. I would consider you to visit some physiotherapist to get rid of this pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back