Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
God, I want to die. The pain in my arms is so bad. At first it was just the left arm, the one I had surgery on now it's both arms. The pain is the exact same type of pain in both arms. It feels like my upper arms are being squeezed in a vice and where my arm goes into my body feels like it is being ripped from the socket. I don't think it's related to the surgery but I don't know what is causing it. I went to my PCP and he took me off my medication for cholesterol and kissed me off with a muscle relaxer when I specifically requested he give me a pain killer. He said try the muscle relaxer for a month and see if that helps. He said I should start to see results in two to three days. I saw results all right. The pain is getting worse. I have been trying to find a pain management doctor in my area but they all want to treat the pain with physical therapy which I am already doing and it is not helping at all. They also suggested a chiropractor which I have also already tried. Or acupuncture which I don't believe in. It is becoming more and more difficult to do my daily chores. The vacuum feels like it weighs 100 pounds and I can barely push it. I do as little as possible and feel so useless. I am 61 years old and know in my heart I can't live another 20 years like this if I am lucky enough to live that long. Wish I could find a doctor who could help me. For now I just pray I have the strength to live through another day. Nothing is fun for me, nothing brings me joy. All I feel is sorrow and pain and I hate living like this. Anybody have any ideas of what I can do?

Krista I went threw the entire winter like this. I couldn't so much as push the vacuumed! I'm so sorry your feeling so down right now. Sometimes it does feel like it will never end but it does. Dictors have their own agenda and unfortunately pain meds apear to be overly regulated now so they try other avenues that usually don't work and are at our expense! Chronic pain does a lot of mental damage. Don't give into it. If you don't mind me asking what are you taking for your fibro? Sometimes you just have to get the right combo or maybe your pain is not from fibro at all and you need a doctor to keep looking for causes. What are you doing for pain relief now? You can private message me if you like.

I was in that horrible place your in...my docs wouldn't perscribe pain meds either but I didn't want them so I didn't ask. I survived and you will to. I have managed to get my all day every day "10" pain level down to about a "4" . I e also learned that I have serious problems with my neck spine that could be causing the severe pain. I mention this because vice scrips on my byseps is how I describe the pain in my arms.

You too will find a way to make life manageable, it does take time and money. Funds and careful research can speed up your finding things that help. But don't give up. You are in survival mode right now, and it sounds like you feel like the war is over and you've lost. But the reality is your still standing! Your body is telling you to rest so it can fight again. Not push the vacuume. Instead of vacuuming take a hot Epson salt bath, rest and recover. You are winning the war you just don't feel like it yet. Only do what you have to do and pace yourself.

You are in my prayes and my heart goes out to you.

I to have pain in the upper arms and boy does that hurt.mostly it's my legs that feel just like your arms.
Go back to the dr and be firmer u want pain killer as well as relaxers .all dr no matter where there from go for the cheapest pill possible.
The only thing that helps me is tramadol and paracetamol together .but that don't always work

I agree with Eyesup and forgetmenot. Their advice is spot on, but if your doctor won't give you a pain killer prescription, then maybe you should find a different doctor. I don't like the fact he doesn't listen to you, he just did what he pleased, instead of listening to you. That is always a red flag. Don't lose hope, if everything else fails just find another doctor who listens to you, yes, I know is easier to say than to do (I'm still trying to find a decent neurologist and neurosurgeon), but hope is the last one to die.

Continue to fight for your rights to have a quality of life you need. Unfortunately drug abusers have messed things up bad for those of us that lagitimitly suffer. Remember your Dr. Is and should be your advocate, I'm still being bounced around because of FDA regulations. I saw 2 diffrent Dr.s in the same office, one did blood work to check for lupus, because SHE listened. I had a high ANA count, this blood test has to be sent to a special lab, I am now in the process of being ruled in, or out ,for Lupus or ms. The other Dr. MR. 'SAID go home do yoga, and stay away from gluton. (What a contrast right? )Go with your gut! Never give up! Your not alone.

Good advice from all. Thank you. However I can't go back to my PCP at this point because he is out of the country. When I saw him last week I was looking at my medication list and noticed they was nothing on there specifically for fibromyalgia. I brought that up to him and he just poo pood me and went on talking about what he wanted to do. Which isn't working by the way. I am trying to find a pain management doctor in my area but was told by my insurance company that there were none in my area. The closest one is 60 miles away. Some doctors treat pain management with medicine, others with physical therapy. I can't be driving 60 miles 2-3 times a week for therapy. In fact I am in physical therapy here in my home town so I don't think driving 60 miles is the answer.

He's it of the country...well what a good excuse to look around for a knew one!!! Do you have a compounding pharmacy in "nowhere USA"? Or even a good relationship with your current pharmacist? Often they can give you names of Doctirs that seem to have a following of fibro patients. Check and see the closest fibro/CFS support group they can send you in the right direction. Don't wait for this doctor to suddenly change his mind and become educated on fibromyalgia. Google ruematolgist in your are that treat fibro. Keep looking, there is help somewhere. Poo pood is the same as crap and you got enough of that without him adding to the pile. I know it's hard, exspecially when your beaten down. Do you have anyone that can help? If not no worries you CAN do this.

It's time for a change for the good. I feel it in my bones. Go Krista, go krista!

I know how that feel. I cried most of the time because of the pain in my arms. It is too strong and unbearable.

I too have this crushing vice like pain in my arms shoulders and hands...my whole lower body has it too and i was spared it being so severe in my upper so long as i didnt over do it.

I can only suggest rest like Eyesup. Doctors are limited...it's not the kind of pain any meds will totally get rid of but maybe a combo like forgetmenot takes would ease the worst.

Please don't do heavy tasks while its so bad....even if the pain is masked by meds overusing these muscles and tendons will make it last much longer.

Gently swinging the arms a few times while bending forward and small circular rotations to stop it all seizing is best physio.

Hugs Krista i have been struggling like you for agēs now ans it is sooo hard to find much joy in life....I am thinking of you x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back