Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Ok, I live close to Springfield, Il. It is a town on 117,000 residents. I looked up fibromyalgia doctors in this area and found about 10. I called each of them and was told they were no longer working at that facility. I looked up pain management doctors and could find none. I called my insurance company and asked them for a list of pain management doctors in Springfield and was told there are none. Seriously in a town this big there are no pain management doctors. I asked the insurance company for a list of doctors in my area and he sent me a list. The closest one is 50 miles away. I put in a call to them on Friday but never heard back. I probably won't hear back until Tuesday due to the long holiday weekend. Even then I won't know how long it would take to get an appointment. I tried getting an appointment with a rheumatologist but the waiting period for an appointment is 6-8 months. That doesn't help me in the here and now. I have so many plans for the summer but am dreading all of them due to the pain in my arms. I know doctors are reluctant to give out pain medicine but I really think that's what I need at this point. I am willing to try anything they suggest in hopes of getting some relief. Live goes on and I have to go on with it but it is hard when I am in so much pain. Just wish I could find somebody, anybody that would help me. It is so frustrating having the door slammed in your face time and time again. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to try to find somebody because I know the answer will be no. Thanks for letting me vent.

Unfortunately, a lot of us have to travel for treatment and sometimes travel even further for quality treatment. The nearest pain management doctor to me is around 30 miles but he just treated me like a drug addict and was so rude and cut me off my meds cold turkey. Now, I have to travel nearly 100 miles to a GOOD doctor. It is really hard .

Destiny is right you may have to travel to find greatness. Did you lookup a CFS/fibro Support group in your are? They would have the best referral. Ruemotologist are always booked way out. Put you name on the schedule at all of the ruemotogist covered under your insurance and make sure they treat fibro. Ask them to put you on the cancellation back up list.! Mark each doctors apt on a calendar with their phone number and ever Monday around 9 call an ask if they have had any new patient cancelation. Be supper nice but persistent so your name will po into their head when they get a cancelation. (Always introduce yourself when you call)That's how I got in to mine in Dec.instead of April! Lol instead on 6 months it was three weeks.
Pain Doctors... Have you googled pain clinics instead?
Hiope this helps a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back